or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The Walking Dead (AMC)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Walking Dead (AMC) - Page 154

post #2296 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Wolves or no wolves, Morgan's unwillingness to kill makes him dangerous. I could see Carol killing him at some point.

Really, it's pretty clear that it's going to fuck something up along the way.
post #2297 of 2702

He went from crazy  to zen and now he´s a fucking moron... Should we have hope that maybe he killed that last wolf that held him up the last time? 

 

His thought process is the worst, he seems so unwilling to kill that he overlooks everything else. He saw a dude chopping off a dead person and thought the best course of action was to warn him to leave... what an idiot. I now want either Rick or Carol to kill him if he doesn´t get his shit together.... speaking of, I loved how Carol shot that dude  he and the priest had taken the sweet time to tie up, she´s the best.

post #2298 of 2702
Pretty sure Morgan killed that W at the end with his staff. Why else would he have apologized prior to doing so?
post #2299 of 2702

It's really hard to kill a tortoise. 

 

lefty

post #2300 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker View Post

He went from crazy  to zen and now he´s a fucking moron... Should we have hope that maybe he killed that last wolf that held him up the last time? 

His thought process is the worst, he seems so unwilling to kill that he overlooks everything else. He saw a dude chopping off a dead person and thought the best course of action was to warn him to leave... what an idiot. I now want either Rick or Carol to kill him if he doesn´t get his shit together.... speaking of, I loved how Carol shot that dude  he and the priest had taken the sweet time to tie up, she´s the best.

I don't think Morgan is a moron. I just think he's someone who is maybe not equipped to live in such a world. And to be fair, he did pretty much admit to that in the episode "Clear". Also, do you really think killing the guy who Morgan tied up was the best course of action? This guy might have given them insight into who the Wolves are, where they live, etc.
post #2301 of 2702

You´re right in the last part... keeping him alive to get some info would be the smart thing, but he´s already shown us he is not about doing the smart thing since he let the group of 5 that attacked him escape. I like what his character is going to bring ino the show´s dynamic, but his unwillingness to kill and his new persona are just gonna lead to even worse choices along the season.

post #2302 of 2702
Great start to the season. I like seeing how people respond to the stress of Walking Dead world differently. I also like reading this thread seeing people who would be dead themselves on day 1 in such a situation nitpick and critique bad decisions by the characters.

This armchair general right here would get used to the smell of zombie guts as that would be my daily bath.
post #2303 of 2702
They should have cut down some large trees and laid them on the ground outside the perimeter, parallel to the walls, maybe 50 feet away. This would make it harder to ram a large vehicle into the walls. Could also dig a trench but that would take forever without a backhoe.
post #2304 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

They should have cut down some large trees and laid them on the ground outside the perimeter, parallel to the walls, maybe 50 feet away. This would make it harder to ram a large vehicle into the walls. Could also dig a trench but that would take forever without a backhoe.


The people of Alexandria didn't see other people as a threat, just the walkers.
post #2305 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

They should have cut down some large trees and laid them on the ground outside the perimeter, parallel to the walls, maybe 50 feet away. This would make it harder to ram a large vehicle into the walls. Could also dig a trench but that would take forever without a backhoe.

Yah not sure what I enjoyed more, Carol kicking the Wolves asses, or the Wolves slaughtering the yuppies.
post #2306 of 2702
post #2307 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

It's really hard to kill a tortoise. 

lefty

Inorite? 10,000 hour rule.
post #2308 of 2702

5000 if you have the right tools, but either way it's just a world of ugly. Tortoises do not give up the ghost easily.

 

lefty

post #2309 of 2702
I thought Morgan's apology was his conceding to the way life is currently. He seems rational enough that he'll drop the peace keeper act before it becomes his undoing.
post #2310 of 2702
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

I thought Morgan's apology was his conceding to the way life is currently. He seems rational enough that he'll drop the peace keeper act before it becomes his undoing.

My guess would be otherwise. Morgan's a counter-point to Rick and Carol, who've been set up as the embodiment of Machiavellian rationality, or rationality as an unlimited concession to self-interested expediency. I could see the writers engineering some sort of conflict between these two "philosophies", with Morgan as the avatar of the notion that to remain truly human you need to cling to some baseline code of morality even at the cost of your mortal existence (or some such crap). Either his adherence to that code could cause everything to get all hibbeldy-jibbeldy, or he could commit some act of self-sacrifice that shows Rick and Carol that there was, in fact, a solution to whatever contrived problem they are facing other than sacrificing other people to save yourself.


Kind of like Morgan is Thomas More and Rick is Roper in A Zombie For All Seasons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › The Walking Dead (AMC)