or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Today's Man stores
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Today's Man stores

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Do any of you remember Today's Man stores?

They went out of business few years ago, too much debt killed the company.

I used to go to TM all the time, I was big fan of their dress shirts and ties.

William
post #2 of 20
I used to tell my friends who shopped at Today's Man..."Yesterday's styles for Today's Man" That place was horrible.
post #3 of 20
Actually, every once in a while I would fine some gems.
post #4 of 20
I remember when they had suits for $125
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avers
Do any of you remember Today's Man stores?

They went out of business few years ago, too much debt killed the company.

I used to go to TM all the time, I was big fan of their dress shirts and ties.

William

Of course I remember....think they only went bust in USA still see them in Europe.. The odd thing is last September in paris i find this really retro looking todys man store...everything (product and decor) is Orange, Yellow, Brown etc....think 1970/80 Houston Astros uniform.

I asked the manager about it and was told it was the new proto concept etc etc....in April when i was back the store was being converted to a new Danial Couremiux (spelling) store.

Guess the Paris consumers thought it was as ugly as I did.
post #6 of 20
Surely, as you read the forums the horror of that unlamented fashion store will be replaced by a personal style.
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I remember when they had suits for $125


"today's suits, tomorrow's dishrags"
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Surely, as you read the forums the horror of that unlamented fashion store will be replaced by a personal style.
When I was just starting out in business I gound TM clothes fitting the purpose on the budget. Of course they were not high end store, but for the price they charged you could not go wrong. Their dress shirts were decent and only cost $30-40, even less when on sale. One thing i like was the fact that sleeve lenght of their shirts came in single number (ie 35, 36, not 34/35). I am a tall guy and I always had problems finding RTW shirts in my size, as most of shirts sold at the stores will not fit me in 34/35. I still have couple of their shirts and few ties - they look decent 10 yrs later. William
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I remember when they had suits for $125


My God! $125 Suits, I don't imagine they had much hand work. Probably, even the buttons were fused!
post #10 of 20
Say what you want about Today's Man, but for low-end suits they beat the hell out of Men's Wearhouse; also as previously noted they actually had some very attractive accessories (I still have a few ties from there as well), which is more than I can say for Men's Wearhouse. Isn't it sad that George Zimmer has been able to expand all over the country while Today's Man went out of business? What could possibly have led to this end, perhaps the sophisticated commercials?
post #11 of 20
i dont remember Today's Man, but anyone remember the store, "GHQ" ?
post #12 of 20
fused buttons? you mean something like this?
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i dont remember Today's Man, but anyone remember the store, "GHQ" ?

As long as we are talking about has beens. Why not mention the clothing line of Marithe Girbaud. Now I haven't seen them any store for years but about 6 months ago I walked into a local retailer who finds all kinds of closeouts and defunt brands of clothes.

There hanging on the racks were a number of these Girbaud Pants in a style that hasn't been seen for nearly 20 years. Since that style rather appeals to me I bought all he had in my size for around $10 each.
post #14 of 20
You are probably on the cusp of a revival.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut
As long as we are talking about has beens. Why not mention the clothing line of Marithe Girbaud. Now I haven't seen them any store for years but about 6 months ago I walked into a local retailer who finds all kinds of closeouts and defunt brands of clothes. There hanging on the racks were a number of these Girbaud Pants in a style that hasn't been seen for nearly 20 years. Since that style rather appeals to me I bought all he had in my size for around $10 each.
I have also seen closeout Thierry Mugler clothing, which is actually quite desirable considering he was a very expensive designer at his height. Unfortunately nothing was in my size. I think Marithe F.Girbaud was popular at the same time as Jean Charles de Castelbajac, Romeo Gigli and Claude Montana.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Today's Man stores