or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How much should I pay for an Attolini suit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How much should I pay for an Attolini suit? - Page 3

post #31 of 38
Your lack of support of attolini suits at full retail price will cause them to go out of business
.
.
.
.
.
which should create a nice supply of attolini suits at liquidation prices
post #32 of 38
PC, you live in Europe right? Buy a low budget airline ticket to Rome or Napels (sales in going on). I can give you a few addresses where Attolini's are 50% off and you pay a lot less then $ 2,600 (more half of that in €).
post #33 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
PC, you live in Europe right? Buy a low budget airline ticket to Rome or Napels (sales in going on). I can give you a few addresses where Attolini's are 50% off and you pay a lot less then $ 2,600 (more half of that in €).

Actually I'll be in Rome in August. Current season's suits are all in the range of $5K-$6. The one I liked was the suit with the highest retail price.
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketCircle View Post
Actually I'll be in Rome in August. Current season's suits are all in the range of $5K-$6. The one I liked was the suit with the highest retail price.

Summer sales will run till end of August in Rome if I am not misstaken. Go to Cosimo Colonna in Rome (very close to the Pantheon, 2 minute walk), which is one of my favorite shops of all time.

I bought a F/W 2009/2010 Cesare Attolini suit there last January during sales for EUR 1,450 (discounted 60% on full retail). I also bought a Attolini navy blue overcoat (similar to the ones Ian at STF carries) in 100% cashmere for EUR 1.750 (retail in the US supposingly USD 6K).

They also have significant numbers of Borrelli, Luxury Vintage, Kiton, Pino Borriellio, and lots of other Napolitean stuff. Prices are way lower than in the US. All the interesting stuff is all the way to the back of the store.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=Cosimo Post 43 shows some pics of the store (which is pretty big).

Another personal favorite in Rome: www.gruppoclark.com

GRUPPO CLARK
00146 Roma (RM) - 85, p. Radio

Gruppo Clark is a high end clothing retailer, not a discount store. During sales its worth a visit, 100% cashmere navy blue Kiton SC's for EUR 1K. Full retail price is still lower compared to US prices. Kiton shirts are, for example, full retail below EUR 300 a piece, suits EUR 2.8K. During sales Ihave seen Kiton Suit, in all sizes, for less than EUR 1,500.

You need to take a bus or the subway as it is about 20 minutes outside the city centre but certainly worth it. Loads of Kiton suits, Sartorio Napoli and Cucinelli.
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Summer sales will run till end of August in Rome if I am not misstaken. Go to Cosimo Colonna in Rome (very close to the Pantheon, 2 minute walk), which is one of my favorite shops of all time.

I bought a F/W 2009/2010 Cesare Attolini suit there last January during sales for EUR 1,450 (discounted 60% on full retail). I also bought a Attolini navy blue overcoat (similar to the ones Ian at STF carries) in 100% cashmere for EUR 1.750 (retail in the US supposingly USD 6K).

They also have significant numbers of Borrelli, Luxury Vintage, Kiton, Pino Borriellio, and lots of other Napolitean stuff. Prices are way lower than in the US. All the interesting stuff is all the way to the back of the store.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=Cosimo Post 43 shows some pics of the store (which is pretty big).

Another personal favorite in Rome: www.gruppoclark.com

GRUPPO CLARK
00146 Roma (RM) - 85, p. Radio

Gruppo Clark is a high end clothing retailer, not a discount store. During sales its worth a visit, 100% cashmere navy blue Kiton SC's for EUR 1K. Full retail price is still lower compared to US prices. Kiton shirts are, for example, full retail below EUR 300 a piece, suits EUR 2.8K. During sales Ihave seen Kiton Suit, in all sizes, for less than EUR 1,500.

You need to take a bus or the subway as it is about 20 minutes outside the city centre but certainly worth it. Loads of Kiton suits, Sartorio Napoli and Cucinelli.

great info!
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macallan9 View Post
You can get solid charcoal attolinis NWT on ebay for around 700-1000 on ebay once in awhile, at least.

To each their own, but I think we're all too neurotic here for OTR. There's always some niggling detail that will annoy you.

You are so full of shit it's laughable. In what, size 56L?

I sold this solid charcoal a few months back for a bit over $2K


In popular sizes there will always be people willing to pay around 50-60% off retail for Attolini.

A wise man once said - "good bespoke is better than bad RTW but good RTW is always better than bad bespoke".

FWIW - I bought that suit for myself, it fit great but the trousers rise was way too low. I was able to immedietly re-sell it for more than i paid.

Could anyone, JamesBond or whomever, tell me the line, model name and season of this suit? Thanks in advance.

post #37 of 38
Thread Starter 
I'm sorry to to say that Cosimo Colonna doesn't sell Attolini or that quality stuff anymore. They sell more mid-market stuff that appeals to the tourists.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by PocketCircle View Post

Actually I'll be in Rome in August. Current season's suits are all in the range of $5K-$6. The one I liked was the suit with the highest retail price.




Summer sales will run till end of August in Rome if I am not misstaken. Go to Cosimo Colonna in Rome (very close to the Pantheon, 2 minute walk), which is one of my favorite shops of all time.


I bought a F/W 2009/2010 Cesare Attolini suit there last January during sales for EUR 1,450 (discounted 60% on full retail). I also bought a Attolini navy blue overcoat (similar to the ones Ian at STF carries) in 100% cashmere for EUR 1.750 (retail in the US supposingly USD 6K).


They also have significant numbers of Borrelli, Luxury Vintage, Kiton, Pino Borriellio, and lots of other Napolitean stuff. Prices are way lower than in the US. All the interesting stuff is all the way to the back of the store.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ghlight=Cosimo Post 43 shows some pics of the store (which is pretty big).


Another personal favorite in Rome: www.gruppoclark.com


GRUPPO CLARK

00146 Roma (RM) - 85, p. Radio


Gruppo Clark is a high end clothing retailer, not a discount store. During sales its worth a visit, 100% cashmere navy blue Kiton SC's for EUR 1K. Full retail price is still lower compared to US prices. Kiton shirts are, for example, full retail below EUR 300 a piece, suits EUR 2.8K. During sales Ihave seen Kiton Suit, in all sizes, for less than EUR 1,500.


You need to take a bus or the subway as it is about 20 minutes outside the city centre but certainly worth it. Loads of Kiton suits, Sartorio Napoli and Cucinelli.
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketCircle View Post

I'm sorry to to say that Cosimo Colonna doesn't sell Attolini or that quality stuff anymore. They sell more mid-market stuff that appeals to the tourists.

Damn, was hoping someone had a source for the various cuts and styles of Attolini suits for this and past seasons as well as the make of that pictured jacket.

Anyone? I would even like info for some the other top end Italian labels in RTW.

 

You no like i turisti o dei loro vestiti?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How much should I pay for an Attolini suit?