or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Most Abused Words
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most Abused Words - Page 3

post #31 of 351
'Fuck My Life'
post #32 of 351
FML, I like literally just went to the worst club last night. The myriad people were totally unbalanced. I mean if you even moved wrong they would be cheese and try to fuck. I was walking to the bar and saw a guy dancing with a pinecorn, it was so random. Wow, just wow. The music was so money though, I legit could have danced all night but decided not to. Some other people started to dipset around the same time as me, I was like "that's so ironic". Ya know, you just can't find a good club anymore. I should of just stuck with the Classy Cat Club since it's like obviously the most legit club around here. I love it, but whatever, I'm fixin to find one more epic than that. Irregardless, you should just come club scoutin' with me one night. I mean we could find one that is totally awesome, you know what I mean?
post #33 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
"Should of" instead of "should have." Drives me crazy every time I see it.......

Are you sure they're not just saying the conjunction "should've"? Although it could be a malapropism of the conjunction.

It happens alot with commonly used, non-informational phrases that people just slur past. See "for all intensive purposes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listi View Post
Anymore, used incorrectly, always gets my goat.

"Don't you hate how everything moves so fast anymore?"

WHAT THE FUCK.

Gaaah! That one drives me up the wall! Although often my first reaction when I hear that is self-doubt, like I misheard an earlier part of the sentence that would make the "anymore" part make sense in context.
post #34 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
FML, I like literally just went to the worst club last night. The myriad people were totally unbalanced. I mean if you even moved wrong they would be cheese and try to fuck. I was walking to the bar and saw a guy dancing with a pinecorn, it was so random. Wow, just wow. The music was so money though, I legit could have danced all night but decided not to. Some other people started to dipset around the same time as me, I was like "that's so ironic". Ya know, you just can't find a good club anymore. I should of just stuck with the Classy Cat Club since it's like obviously the most legit club around here. I love it, but whatever, I'm fixin to find one more epic than that. Irregardless, you should just come club scoutin' with me one night. I mean we could find one that is totally awesome, you know what I mean?

post #35 of 351
Listen to George Carlin's routines on Euphemisms and Advertising. Required listening for writers and editors, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll add the word "war" to this list, especially in a sports context. The NY Post is the absolute worst with this. It'll run this headline -- "It's war!" -- about a Yankees-Red Sox game in the same section in which there are stories about actual wars. Zero perspective.
post #36 of 351
Thanks to The Wire, I get annoyed when someone says that "people were evacuated." Relatedly, it's not correct to say that someone was "impacted" by something, unless you mean they were "backed up."
post #37 of 351
..
post #38 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
"Should of" instead of "should have." Drives me crazy every time I see it.......

Here's a clue, the 'h' is slient.
post #39 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
FML, I like literally just went to the worst club last night. The myriad people were totally unbalanced. I mean if you even moved wrong they would be cheese and try to fuck. I was walking to the bar and saw a guy dancing with a pinecorn, it was so random. Wow, just wow. The music was so money though, I legit could have danced all night but decided not to. Some other people started to dipset around the same time as me, I was like "that's so ironic". Ya know, you just can't find a good club anymore. I should of just stuck with the Classy Cat Club since it's like obviously the most legit club around here. I love it, but whatever, I'm fixin to find one more epic than that. Irregardless, you should just come club scoutin' with me one night. I mean we could find one that is totally awesome, you know what I mean?

Poast of the year.
post #40 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by binge View Post
Here's a clue, the 'h' is slient.
Except when they type it as should of instead of should have, then the H isn't so silent because it does not exist. DUCY?
post #41 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
FML, I like literally just went to the worst club last night. The myriad people were totally unbalanced. I mean if you even moved wrong they would be cheese and try to fuck. I was walking to the bar and saw a guy dancing with a pinecorn, it was so random. Wow, just wow. The music was so money though, I legit could have danced all night but decided not to. Some other people started to dipset around the same time as me, I was like "that's so ironic". Ya know, you just can't find a good club anymore. I should of just stuck with the Classy Cat Club since it's like obviously the most legit club around here. I love it, but whatever, I'm fixin to find one more epic than that. Irregardless, you should just come club scoutin' with me one night. I mean we could find one that is totally awesome, you know what I mean?
Nice hand. Left a few out, case and point "basically". But that's a mute point.
post #42 of 351
the term "Back in the day" to refer to things that happened two or three years ago.
post #43 of 351
Using reflexive pronouns when not indicated. Several academics I know do this. They end up sounding like NBA players.
post #44 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
Except when they type it as should of instead of should have, then the H isn't so silent because it does not exist. DUCY?

See you next Tuesday?
post #45 of 351
wow, just wow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Most Abused Words