or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Oxxford suit on Ebay...what do you think?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oxxford suit on Ebay...what do you think?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Do you guys think this is a good deal? Has anyone used the seller emanuelclassycloset?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget
post #2 of 27
If it goes for $600, that is a great deal.
post #3 of 27
Looks nice to me...wish I were a 50R.
post #4 of 27
i had a successful transaction with this seller a month or two back.
post #5 of 27
That's a lot for a used suit when Filene's Basement has them new for $800.
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
That's a lot for a used suit when Filene's Basement has them new for $800.
Agree with that statement, but there are two key exceptions in this case. First, this ebay suit appears to be NWT also, and second, Filene's will almost never have something as basic as a solid navy blue. Most of Filene's Oxxfords (at least here in DC) are in fabrics that are a little more "out there."
So I think a price in the $600-800 range would be a very good deal.
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
That's a lot for a used suit when Filene's Basement has them new for $800.

As Bags noted, its a nwt suit. And it is difficult to get a solid navy suit for $800 at filene's - you have to buy them at $1000 before the sales start.

Most of what is in Filene's are the patterned suits.
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
That's a lot for a used suit when Filene's Basement has them new for $800.

As was said, the suit is NWT in a classic navy color, which is very difficult to find at deep discount so even at $800, this suit is a great deal.

I realize you don't care much for eBay but must you always go out of your way to disparage eBay shopping?
post #9 of 27
That's the Olympian ideal of an American business suit. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the Oxxford cut, that's a classic that will last forever, plus you'll get tons of use out of it. All that said, it's probably going to go way over $600. Still, anything below $1000 is a good deal.
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
All that said, it's probably going to go way over $600. Still, anything below $1000 is a good deal.

not necessarily - i got mine is solid navy, nwt, for $599 and shipping. and i'm a 42L, which is probably a more common size than a 50R. nobody else bidded. Oxxford can be a great deal on ebay, since most people on ebay are looking for something much cheaper, typically in $100 to $200 range.
post #11 of 27
so you would totally trust this seller? I see some of his oxxford suits that are in my size and are good price , I may bid on one. The only thing I am worried aobut is that the photo might be generic photo, and the actual suit would be NWOT and altered.
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
so you would totally trust this seller? I see some of his oxxford suits that are in my size and are good price , I may bid on one. The only thing I am worried aobut is that the photo might be generic photo, and the actual suit would be NWOT and altered.

the guy is using generic photo's, and i'm pretty sure he did so with mine, but my suit showed up nwt and unaltered. the sleeve buttons were in the bag and not on the sleeve, as an unaltered oxxford will usually have.
post #13 of 27
good to know, thanks
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
not necessarily - i got mine is solid navy, nwt, for $599 and shipping. and i'm a 42L, which is probably a more common size than a 50R. nobody else bidded. Oxxford can be a great deal on ebay, since most people on ebay are looking for something much cheaper, typically in $100 to $200 range.

Sometimes a (relatively) high opening price is a blessing.
post #15 of 27
Here's an Oxxford suit for $300. Any red flags about neiman Marcus Oxxfords? Any experience with this seller?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Oxxford suit on Ebay...what do you think?