or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Funniest comedian alive
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Funniest comedian alive - Page 4

post #46 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios
Ricky Gervais(Not strictly stand up but his 2 shows have been hilarious).

*swearing*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FFpZoi_YcQ
post #47 of 90
[quote=chrysalid]*swearing*
Please forgive my stupidity but I don't know what *swearing* means.
post #48 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrat
1.Conan
2.Chappelle

Before he had his own show, an appearance by Chappelle on Late Night was always something to look forward to.
post #49 of 90
I've never seen Conan's standup.

Quote:
I really like the STELLA guys

Michael Ian Black and Showalter are funny, but David Wain gets on my nerves. My roomate watches their DVD constantly.

There are a lot of good young/newer comedians out there in the "Comedians of Comedy" mold. Eugene Mirman is a current favorite of mine. Aziz Ansari is occasionally hilarious, but occasionally falls flat or just name drops annoyingly cuz he's soooo indie rock. Zach Galifinakis makes me laugh. I was high on Sarah Silverman for awhile, but I thought Jesus is Magic was kind of weak.

Still, funniest alive is probably Seinfeld. Eddie Murphy ("Delirious" era) close behind. Gaffigan probably takes it for comedians performing now, though I wonder if his stuff will endure.
post #50 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Like Get Smart said, Bigger and Blacker is probably the most quotable stand-up routine ever. .

You guys most have not been young and impressionable when Eddie Murphy did "Delirious" in his red leather suit. As much as I like Chris Rock, he has done nothing that remotely resembles the brilliance of Delirious (the gay Honeymooners, the Goony Goo Goo family, Capt. Kirk and the green pussy chick, Jesse Jackson "running" for president etc etc)
post #51 of 90
[quote=benecios]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalid
*swearing*
Please forgive my stupidity but I don't know what *swearing* means.

it means that if you are going to view this at work, or you are of a particularly sensitive disposition, then please beware that this link contains language that may not be entirely suitable for your environment or for yourself. shortened to *swearing*

edit: i've just remembered that bracketing things in *'s is cyber lingo for describing something one is doing in the real world, hence possible confusion.
post #52 of 90
[quote=chrysalid]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios

it means that if you are going to view this at work, or you are of a particularly sensitive disposition, then please beware that this link contains language that may not be entirely suitable for your environment or for yourself. shortened to *swearing*

edit: i've just remembered that bracketing things in *'s is cyber lingo for describing something one is doing in the real world, hence possible confusion.

Cheers.Obvious really,I knew it was a stupid question.
post #53 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
You guys most have not been young and impressionable when Eddie Murphy did "Delirious" in his red leather suit. As much as I like Chris Rock, he has done nothing that remotely resembles the brilliance of Delirious (the gay Honeymooners, the Goony Goo Goo family, Capt. Kirk and the green pussy chick, Jesse Jackson "running" for president etc etc)

Listen to Richard Pryor's stand up ... imo much funnier than anything Eddie Murphy has done.
post #54 of 90
Shoreman, can't believe I forgot Seinfeld. He's hilarious.
post #55 of 90
I seriously can't think of any comedians that are still very funny to this day. George Carlin lost his touch about 7 years ago, Bill Hicks is dead, the only really funny thing Eddie Izzard ever did was Dressed to kill, Mitch Hedberg is dead... I seriously have trouble to come up with any, and I'm a standup junkie.
post #56 of 90
I know the thread says "alive" but my vote goes to Sam Kinison.

By a wide margin.
post #57 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I know the thread says "alive" but my vote goes to Sam Kinison.

By a wide margin.

Nah. Too loud, too lowest common denominator humor. I mean, sure a Victor Borge is not for everyone, and I wouldn't expect him to be high on a list, but someone like Carlin takes Kinison and raises the comedic art to a higher level.

Jon.
post #58 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I know the thread says "alive" but my vote goes to Sam Kinison.

By a wide margin.
Good gawd Steve. I thought you and I agreed to quit agreeing on stuff.

(See post #18, this thread)
post #59 of 90
"every b___ j____ is like a snowflake"

Jon:

You haven't listened to enough Kinison. He blows Carlin away.
post #60 of 90
I have to vote for Chappelle and Sara Silverman, my two favorites.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Funniest comedian alive