Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › $6,000 shoe budget
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$6,000 shoe budget - Page 4

post #46 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That would perfect.

Or perhaps plum.

I have seen the plum finish. I almost quit my job to become an apprentice.
post #47 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
I would buy a pair of AEs and spend the rest on hookers....

post #48 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
I was in Prague and Budapest last year.

There are no hookers!Why just get on the internet and you will see. And the Hookers that are not there are incredibly beautiful!

Well I have been there and not looking for hookers... the standard decent girls are simply delicious and with $6000 to blow on the trip you can get some!!!

I'd buy some shoes with the money left when back home
post #49 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejsek
I'm not sure plum gets any better than Marc Guyot's Violet Marbre. Myself, I think I'd stick with the Vert Amande (but only if I could get something done up in one of those amazing tweeds):

http://www.marcguyot.com/5.aspx

J'ai été sur le site et c'est magnifique !

Oh excuse me... In English :

I was on the web site and it is wonderful ! The editor notes ( sorry they are in french only ) are excellent !
post #50 of 82
Even if I had to borrow money to extend the budget, i'd make sure I had these by Gaziano.
post #51 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejsek
I'm not sure plum gets any better than Marc Guyot's Violet Marbre. Myself, I think I'd stick with the Vert Amande (but only if I could get something done up in one of those amazing tweeds):

http://www.marcguyot.com/5.aspx

Guyot builds with blake stitch, I heard, so i never considered his work.
post #52 of 82
Yes, that may be true. But he sure wields a mean color palette!
post #53 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I still think Saint Crispin are the best RTW shoes in the world, bar none. Mine are exquisite, and the waist is out of control...
I think that they are nice shoes, but not the best rtw out there, there are a few Italians that make better. Value for money it is pretty bad. In Europe, those run you about Euro 900 - for Romanian made shoes??? Vass is a much better value at Euro 500.
post #54 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage
I think that they are nice shoes, but not the best rtw out there, there are a few Italians that make better. Value for money it is pretty bad. In Europe, those run you about Euro 900 - for Romanian made shoes??? Vass is a much better value at Euro 500.
I've always understoof St.Crispin to be Austrian instead of Rumanian.
post #55 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril
I have seen the plum finish. I almost quit my job to become an apprentice.
We all need some happiness.
post #56 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril
Guyot builds with blake stitch, I heard, so i never considered his work.
Yes, all blake stitched. Altan makes goodyear welted. !luc
post #57 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
Yes, all blake stitched. Altan makes goodyear welted.

!luc
I have heard Altan is a good value.
post #58 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage
I think that they are nice shoes, but not the best rtw out there, there are a few Italians that make better. Value for money it is pretty bad. In Europe, those run you about Euro 900 - for Romanian made shoes??? Vass is a much better value at Euro 500.
I don't care where they are made, the quality is outstanding
post #59 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've always understoof St.Crispin to be Austrian instead of Rumanian.

Though styled a Viennese marque, the workshops are in Romania.
post #60 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopee
Though styled a Viennese marque, the workshops are in Romania.
Those Rumanians are rather deceptive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › $6,000 shoe budget