There have been two articles in the Times recently comparing the whole experience of angels & dodgers and they basically rip the dodgers. Im not a native and have no loyalties to either team.
Ive been dating this girl who's a huge Angels fan, so Ive been to a few games already this year and its just a better experience overall and making me rethink who I cheer for:
- Cheap, accessible parking
- Variety of food and drink at reasonable prices
- No lines anywhere (food or pee)
- Wide concourses
- Mellow fans
- Cheap prices (ticket, food, souveniers)
- Great give away's (garden gnome & Rally monkey soap dispenser >> Action figure)
- Rally monkey is cooler than the guy at dodger stadium who sings
- More likeable players
Even ESPN the magazine called them the third best franchise in all of Sports in their last issue. In fact, they were slobbering all up on their nuts.
As far as beaches, if I go anywhere its huntington, north side of pier. Even though coming from LB still takes me 40 minutes
Love the waves there - though sometimes it does get shut down for poo. In fact, one year I got a bacterial infection from it. Had these lesions on my face, pretty gnarly. The santa monica bay is pretty gross but if you live right there its not a bad option to have.
I was actually thinking of going on Friday during the day but its funny cause I take it for granted now. Havent been in the water in like 10 months
I would go on sunday, but got a TOOL concert up at Nokia