Originally Posted by imschatz
Last time I went to a "club" I wore:
1) Nice, slim jeans, dark blue/black (I went black, as I had just got a nice new pair of black jeans). Wear them as tight as you are comfortable with.
2) Collared shirt. I went with a red/white gingham .. with the sleeves rolled up. Avoid stripes, and avoid blue. Also, for ****'s sake, button up shirt (one button undone, no less, no more).
3) Chucks. Match the chucks with your shirt (if all fails, white chucks match everything).
I wouldn't wear a blazer, and it'd most likely to be too warm for a blazer.
This is pretty much what you need to know. I think a second button can be undone on a shirt, but that's just me.
1. Well fitting button up shirt in a relatively conservative pattern.
2. Dark denim (chinos could also possibly work, but they could be viewed as a bit to dressy. or ghey in this situation.)
3. Canvas shoes (dress shoes could also work in this situation, but stay away from shiny leather and square toes.)
4. Don't overdo it with the cologne.