or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › >>> Help! WAYWT Learning Thread; Mistakes Are Permitted; Maybe You Should Start Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

>>> Help! WAYWT Learning Thread; Mistakes Are Permitted; Maybe You Should Start Here - Page 9

post #121 of 226
I guess I don't see them as wretched. I would wear leather loafers if I found any that were comfortable like house shoes. I think thats the appeal of these, they seem comfortable and as though they'd go well with jean/chino fits.

I couldn't find it, but there's a fit Rye did last year with them that initially piqued my interest in them as a shoe.
post #122 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgbennett83 View Post
..
Tuck the tongue of the boots under the hem, might consider undoing the collar buttons (I started doing this as a mockery of sprezz, but I actually have grown to like the look a lot better than having them done up, especially in really casual fits: I only button them with a tie). I can't help but think the boots are out of place though, the top is very business-casual but the boots are lumberjack
post #123 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
I guess I don't see them as wretched. I would wear leather loafers if I found any that were comfortable like house shoes. I think thats the appeal of these, they seem comfortable and as though they'd go well with jean/chino fits.

I couldn't find it, but there's a fit Rye did last year with them that initially piqued my interest in them as a shoe.

Well of course the ballaz aren't going to be into ring mocs.

That said, they are not the most versatile shoe. Probably won't go with skinnier pants, and JtG trousers would never work. Mocs like arrow and quoddy start out pretty wide/chunky and get wider and chunkier as you break them in.
post #124 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
Tuck the tongue of the boots under the hem, might consider undoing the collar buttons (I started doing this as a mockery of sprezz, but I actually have grown to like the look a lot better than having them done up, especially in really casual fits: I only button them with a tie). I can't help but think the boots are out of place though, the top is very business-casual but the boots are lumberjack

I agree that the DBs are out of place in this fit, especially after looking at the picture. I think I might be coming to a point when they are simply out of place in my wardrobe. I need to replace them with some brown laceup boots, maybe something like PS Bihars.

Thanks for the critique.

-Will
post #125 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny196 View Post
wgbennet- Nice. Fit looks a little off in the thigs of the pants (bulge). If you have something suitable lighter footwear would go great with that outfit. (i.e suede chukkas, bucks, saddle shoes)

I actually think that the chinos may be misrepresented in the photo; the thighs seem to be fine in real life and do not really bulge out. They do, however, need to be hemmed, and that was the only reason for the roll. I agree completely with your recommendation of some different footwear.
post #126 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiru View Post
Well of course the ballaz aren't going to be into ring mocs.

That said, they are not the most versatile shoe. Probably won't go with skinnier pants, and JtG trousers would never work. Mocs like arrow and quoddy start out pretty wide/chunky and get wider and chunkier as you break them in.

I think pairing loafers with skinner trousers is quite possible if the shoe itself is sleek. I bought some PS loafers recently that I like a lot and think would work for such a fit, but sadly they are too big. Here's a pic of them so you can see what I'm talking about:
post #127 of 226
Just stop with the blazer / denim shit. I don't know who does it well or how to do it well, but it definitely takes too much effort for too little reward. It's a douchey fckn look even if you are on the cover of GQ and they have a legion of photoshoppers working on it. This better not turn into the secret blazer douche corner of SF.

And bennet, your shot's proportions are all wack and fish eyed. I've seen your other shots and they were generally better but this is an ongoing issue which makes fit advice impossible.
post #128 of 226
lol i hope this becomes troll central
post #129 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
have you told me this ?

why?

Is it not something you care for, a quality issue, why?

Oh god I made the unfortunate decision to buy a pair of Quoddy ring mocs a while back. The next day my life decisions caught up to me and I quickly resold them.
post #130 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
this is a hypothetical fit... sort of a cross post between here & should I buy thread



http://i.americanapparel.net/storefr...0g_Asphalt.jpg
the pants

these moccs

would arrow moccs work with slimmish slacks like those above or the JtG trousers?

no way with jtg, i dont think if would with anything smaller than 8" hem even then you'd want to cuff to ease the transition.
post #131 of 226
I need help with proportions.
post #132 of 226
You took a photo that fucks up proportions.
post #133 of 226
Thread Starter 
madstax, hard to help you with a blurry photo like that. You also need to be farther back from the camera/mirror. if you are too close the proportions will appear off even if the fit is fine.
post #134 of 226
You should wear a belt, first of all. Second of all, proportions are hard to judge when your photo doesn't make any sense.
post #135 of 226


wore this to work today...

H&M x2 (sleeves might get shortened a bit)
jcrew
CK shoes

how does the jacket work with the khaki pants? I was hoping it came with matching pants when I bought it, I never really did the dressy blazer x dress pants (although these pants are pretty casual) thing. usually just casual blazer x jeans (which everyone here hates) or i'd just wear a suit. Would it look better with black or navy dress pants? what other color pants would work?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › >>> Help! WAYWT Learning Thread; Mistakes Are Permitted; Maybe You Should Start Here