or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? - Page 4

post #46 of 153
Thread Starter 
For a man who dressed as boring as me, I am strangely attracted to this double sided scarf. What do you think of this ?
post #47 of 153
not sure if this goes here, but I didnt want to start a new thread just for my question.

What do you guys think about the following, I plan to use them to carry 2 credit cards and 2 Ids. I know that one is a card case and not intended for credit cards, but does it really matter?

I dont like wallets because they give me a one inch raise, so that is not an option.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

I like the second one and then the third the most.
post #48 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
For a man who dressed as boring as me, I am strangely attracted to this double sided scarf. What do you think of this ?


I like the scarf. It doesn't wow me because of the brown but it's different and I can see it working in some instances. It might just what a conservative dresser needs to push the boundaries ever so slightly.
post #49 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post
not sure if this goes here, but I didnt want to start a new thread just for my question.

What do you guys think about the following, I plan to use them to carry 2 credit cards and 2 Ids. I know that one is a card case and not intended for credit cards, but does it really matter?

I dont like wallets because they give me a one inch raise, so that is not an option.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

I like the second one and then the third the most.

Go for the Brioni, hands down. The Burberry is maybe too styling and obvious Burberry. Brioni is classic and understated.

I've always debated between a card case and wallet. My latest foray has been back into wallets, but again the 1" raise is a literal pain in the butt. If I wore suits all the time a breast wallet might work better, but that's not practical for me.

Anyway a card case is a happy medium, and I think it looks cool to carry a bit of cash loose like.
post #50 of 153
Thread Starter 
Which of these 3 as the second SC after the navy SC ? Fourth option is none of these 1. 2. 3.
post #51 of 153
^ I like the 3rd one. Deets please?
post #52 of 153
#2 Sportcoat. Grey is way more versatile than brown.
post #53 of 153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
^ I like the 3rd one. Deets please?

Riviera from ehaberdashre
post #54 of 153
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/calibrat...rigin=category

first suit and I am in college.

(where do post of this nature go? in the should I or shouldnt I buy thread in mens clothing or here?)
post #55 of 153
Thread Starter 
It looks a little shiny in the pic and it has peak lapels
post #56 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post
Go for the Brioni, hands down. The Burberry is maybe too styling and obvious Burberry. Brioni is classic and understated.

I've always debated between a card case and wallet. My latest foray has been back into wallets, but again the 1" raise is a literal pain in the butt. If I wore suits all the time a breast wallet might work better, but that's not practical for me.

Anyway a card case is a happy medium, and I think it looks cool to carry a bit of cash loose like.

thanks for the reply, I think that is what I am going to go with. I like the Burberry one but as you said it seems too much of a cry for attention. I currently have a Polo RL check card holder and it works just fine but I am hoping that the Brioni one feels better. I am hoping that it does because there is a huge price difference between the two. I considered the crocodile one as well, but from the little that I have read, I realized that it is not rare crocodile skin and that would defeat the purpose in my opinion.
post #57 of 153
EDIT: sorry, didn't realize I answered to a 6 months old post.
post #58 of 153
Thread Starter 
^^ DId you have a look at the ones luk-cha is selling in the B&S. BTW, lots of options on ebay as well
post #59 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
Which of these 3 as the second SC after the navy SC ? Fourth option is none of these


#2 is killer, AJ.
post #60 of 153
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
#2 Sportcoat. Grey is way more versatile than brown.

Really ? A lot of people would strongly disagree with your assertion. There was a big debate over this but I can't find the thad right now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?