or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Favorite Champagne???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite Champagne??? - Page 4

post #46 of 58
According to their website, Roederer Estate Roses are made from a combination of dfferent grapes. Blanc de noirs are made only from Pinot Noir.

--Andre
post #47 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
According to their website, Roederer Estate Roses are made from a combination of dfferent grapes. Blanc de noirs are made only from Pinot Noir.

--Andre

Yes they call their Rose Champagne "Rose" not BdNoir that is true.

However, BdNoir is no longer made out of 100% Pinot. Regulations even in France do not require 100% Pinot content and I frankly have not heard of 100% Pinot Champagne or ever tried one. In my albeit limited experience with Champagne wines all Bd Noirs were mix of Pinot and Chardonnay.
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzzzz View Post
However, BdNoir is no longer made out of 100% Pinot. Regulations even in France do not require 100% Pinot content and I frankly have not heard of 100% Pinot Champagne or ever tried one. In my albeit limited experience with Champagne wines all Bd Noirs were mix of Pinot and Chardonnay.

I find this hard to believe. What is the official definition of blanc de noirs then? All Champagne are made from three grapes: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Meunier. You can use the two dark grapes to make a BDN, but not Chardonnay.

100-percent Pinot Noir Champagnes are still relatively easy to find.

--Andre
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
I find this hard to believe. What is the official definition of blanc de noirs then? All Champagne are made from three grapes: Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Meunier. You can use the two dark grapes to make a BDN, but not Chardonnay.

100-percent Pinot Noir Champagnes are still relatively easy to find.

--Andre

Andrew if you find 100% Pinot Champagne post it's name here please.
I would love to try it.
post #50 of 58
A.Soutiran Perle Noire
Egly-Ouriet (I forget the name)

Both are 100 percent Pinot Noir. I'm sure other people can recommend more.

For American sparkling wine, Schramsberg makes one, though I haven't tried it yet.

--Andre
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
A.Soutiran Perle Noire
Egly-Ouriet (I forget the name)

Both are 100 percent Pinot Noir. I'm sure other people can recommend more.

For American sparkling wine, Schramsberg makes one, though I haven't tried it yet.

--Andre

Schramsberg makes BdNoir mix 85%-15% Chardonney. I tried it and found it severely lacking for it's price $27 to $35.

I try to look for A.Soutiran Perle Noire, thanks.
post #52 of 58
for everyday use, I like Martini & Rossi Asti. At $12, it's really good sweet champagne, and goes well with a lot of food. Plus I can afford to buy it every week. As for my favorite I can't say since I've not tasted a lot of champagnes, only Veuve yellow, and white star. One of the best I've tasted, however, was at a local wine festival in Les Menuires, in the French alps.
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
The most recent bottle of champagne I bought was a 1995 Pol Roger Winston Churchill. It hasn`t been opened yet but I`m looking forward to trying it.
It would be sort of amusing to celebrate the man's birthday with a bottle of that and some cigars.
post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by migo View Post
for everyday use, I like Martini & Rossi Asti. At $12, it's really good sweet champagne, and goes well with a lot of food. Plus I can afford to buy it every week. As for my favorite I can't say since I've not tasted a lot of champagnes, only Veuve yellow, and white star. One of the best I've tasted, however, was at a local wine festival in Les Menuires, in the French alps.

Stop buying Asti. Way too sweet, it's dessert wine and will not pair well with food. If you like your sparkling wine on the sweet side, try Freixenet NV Sparkling Cordon Negro Brut. It's $9 and readily available at the supermarket, and miles ahead of Asti, IMO. Another sparkling that is a phenomenal value is Cristalino, which is a Spanish cava, at $6/bottle.
post #55 of 58
Andre Champagne. Because its named after my friend, and is 4 dollars a bottle.
post #56 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
Andre Champagne. Because its named after my friend, and is 4 dollars a bottle.

Girls at my school drink Andre all the time, especially the peach flavored kind...
Disgusting stuff, especially when you know can get drinkable cavas and proseccos for not that much more.
post #57 of 58
While it is by no means the "best" or even my favorite, Vueve is always a staple for parties my friends and I throw.
post #58 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSurface View Post
Andre Champagne. Because its named after my friend, and is 4 dollars a bottle.

Blah, that shit is beyond awful. Some hipster-ass friend of mine had me try it awhile ago. I thoroughly regret even that single sip I took and immediately spat out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Favorite Champagne???