or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Loake Size help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Loake Size help

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I'm thinking about buying Loake Aldwych (Capital last) or Hilton (Mayfair) last, and need your help re sizing.

I wear Crockett & Jones Audley (337 last) 8.5E and Hallam (348 last) 8.0F, and both fit quite well (although Audley 8.5E fits a bit more roomy compared to Hallam 8.0F).

Would appreaciate your suggestions on size of Loake Aldwych and Hilton!
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by blouterr View Post
I'm thinking about buying Loake Aldwych (Capital last) or Hilton (Mayfair) last, and need your help re sizing.

I wear Crockett & Jones Audley (337 last) 8.5E and Hallam (348 last) 8.0F, and both fit quite well (although Audley 8.5E fits a bit more roomy compared to Hallam 8.0F).

Would appreaciate your suggestions on size of Loake Aldwych and Hilton!

I have the Loake in a Mayfair last (8F) and C&J Lowndes (8E) and find that the Mayfair Last, relative to the 348 last, is longer and roomier in the toe box.
post #3 of 9
bumping this thread cause i dont want to start a new one...

If i wear a 8.5 D in Park Avenues what should I get in the Loake Aldwych?
post #4 of 9
Yea, I am really digging the Aldwych, particularly as an alternative to the Park Avenue. What is the deal with sizing on these things? Do they runs big/small or true to size? I live in the US and would have to order them off the eBay seller. I am 9 E in AE. Thanks.
post #5 of 9
Create new thread or resurrect old one...

I too am digging Loake Aldwyches but am unfamiliar with sizing conversion. Direct conversion from US to EU/UK is 46/11.5, which could be wrong anyway if they run larger or smaller.

I wear Nike in sz US 12, Redwing Iron Rangers US 11, Vans US 12, Clark Desert boots in US sz 11. Searching for sizing on RW and Clark's rewarded me with correct fitment. I'm not able to try/buy locally as there are no stockists here. I'm hoping advice will point me in the right direction.
post #6 of 9
I would email the staff at Pediwear as they are very helpful with this issue.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTM View Post
I would email the staff at Pediwear as they are very helpful with this issue.

Done that and am awaiting a response. Not sure the team at Pediwear would be the sort to don Nikes/Vans though whereas there are bound to be folks on SF that wear Loakes as well as casual kicks. Hopefully Pediwear receive enough feedback from previous customer queries to be definitive. Will update thread with their response.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
If i wear a 8.5 D in Park Avenues what should I get in the Loake Aldwych?

IIRC, the Aldwych is on the Capitel last. Then, (UK) 7.5-F.
post #9 of 9

Please delete, posting by mistake.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Loake Size help