or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DC Shopping Update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DC Shopping Update - Page 5

post #61 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Navy Borrelli wool suit at Filenes in Maza. It's 36R with the button holes cut but pants unhemmed. 3 roll 2 $999-$399(yellow tag)= $600

You're welcome.

Yellow Tag? What does that mean? I've been to FB on Connecticut Ave, and have seen the clearance racks, but also saw a Oxxford in my size with a yellow tag behind the price tag. Please don't tell me the suit I passed on to wait for a sale was actually 40% off.

-Jeff
post #62 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffC
Yellow Tag? What does that mean? I've been to FB on Connecticut Ave, and have seen the clearance racks, but also saw a Oxxford in my size with a yellow tag behind the price tag. Please don't tell me the suit I passed on to wait for a sale was actually 40% off.

-Jeff

Ok, I won' tell you (but it was on sale).
post #63 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denimbar
Shouldn't Relish have all the fall/winter items on sale?
The Relish sale has been going on for a month now. I received a postcard stating that the men's clothing would be gone by February 1.
post #64 of 87
Know of any good deals on shoes in the DC area?
post #65 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty
Know of any good deals on shoes in the DC area?

Sky Valet has Aldens on sale, as well as 2 EG models. I'd check them out.
post #66 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Sky Valet has Aldens on sale, as well as 2 EG models. I'd check them out.

Westons on sale too, I believe.
post #67 of 87
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Sky Valet has Aldens on sale, as well as 2 EG models. I'd check them out.
The EG models on sale are the Sloane and the Bamford, both selling for $650.

http://www.skyvalet1.com/In%20Stock.htm
post #68 of 87
There was a bunch of Zanella and Riviera pants on sale for $55 and less at Nordstrom Rack in Gaithersburg. They are somewhat picked over but there is still some grey and brown pants around. I got some glenplaid Zanellas for $55.
post #69 of 87
Was at the Connecticut ave. FB today. Looks like they got a large selection of Hickey Freeman, Zegna and Oxxford, too bad there was only one 41L in the entire store. They are taking pre-orders for their sale that starts March 5. The Oxxfords would be $800 and the HF $450. Not sure the prices on the Zegna. Sale is as follows: $200 off Suits $699 and up $150 off Suits $599 - 699 $100 off Suits 499 - 599 -Jeff
post #70 of 87
Similar story at the Mazza Gallery FB today, though I didn't see any Oxxfords. Lots of Zegnas (mostly pinstripes) and HF. A lot of 42s and 46s it seemed to me. Only a couple of 38s. Incidentally, the suits I looked at were priced at $599 minus $150 -- not a bad deal.
post #71 of 87
If you go to James in Tysons Galleria, they're having a decent sale.

Some Borrelli, Cucinelli, Zegna.. etc. I believe it's 60-70% off everything in the store.
post #72 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by markr
Similar story at the Mazza Gallery FB today, though I didn't see any Oxxfords. Lots of Zegnas (mostly pinstripes) and HF. A lot of 42s and 46s it seemed to me. Only a couple of 38s. Incidentally, the suits I looked at were priced at $599 minus $150 -- not a bad deal.

There were some Oxxfords at Mazza as well, just not as many as at Conn. Ave. I went there in search of my size, but nothing there either. Spoke to a salesman at Conn. Ave who said there will be another shipment Monday.

Side note: At the Mazza Gallerie store, the HF made for Mitchell's were $100 more than the other HF.
post #73 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
If you go to James in Tysons Galleria, they're having a decent sale.

Some Borrelli, Cucinelli, Zegna.. etc. I believe it's 60-70% off everything in the store.

I noted the sale sign outside James yesterday and it implied seasonal items were on sale.

I went to Nordstrom Rack in Dulles and Gaithersburg over the weekend as they were getting new mens items in. As far as I could tell, Dulles got nothing. I did find a Gianluca sportcoat marked down to $60. Gaithersburg got mostly pants in and I didn't see anything good...except a Gianluca sportcoat marked down to $100.

Has anyone been to Potomac mills lately?
post #74 of 87
Just got back from the Filene's on Conn Ave and they got in more Oxxford and Zegna yesterday. They now have 2 racks of Oxxford and they were still unloading the Zegna but they are up to 4 racks or so. Sadly for my wallet, I bought a dark charcoal Gibbons. It was tagged at $1199 and the guy there said the Oxxfords will be $1199 from now on . The racks were loaded with lots of S and L sizes.
post #75 of 87
Got back from Connecticut Ave Filene's Basement. To confirm, the four racks of Zegna are Zegna CLOTH - mostly Traveller, felt like fused construction, priced at $599.

I picked up a Canali Exclusive SB navy pinstripe for $450 after discount.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › DC Shopping Update