or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What's a "double single cuff" for a shirt?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's a "double single cuff" for a shirt?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I noticed that some shirts on Charles Tyrwhitt's website were advertised as having "double single cuff."

What kind of cuff is that? Did the site mean "available in double [or] single cuff"? Or did it mean "single cuff with two buttons"?
post #2 of 15
A bit strange, but I'd guess that it's a two button single cuff.
post #3 of 15
I think you might have misread the phrase. They offer their shirts in what the call "double cuff" or "single cuff."
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Nope. Didn't misread. On pages with other dress shirts, there is no mention of "double single cuff." You can simply click double or single in the "add order" section.

Other dress shirts, however, had this specific "feature" listed... "available in double single cuff." But the clickable part was still French or barrel...
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
Nope. Didn't misread. On pages with other dress shirts, there is no mention of "double single cuff." You can simply click double or single in the "add order" section.

Other dress shirts, however, had this specific "feature" listed... "available in double single cuff." But the clickable part was still French or barrel...
I imagine it's just a typo, where they forgot the "or". "Double single cuff" is not a standard term that I'm aware of.
post #6 of 15
It seems an oxymoron. A paradox.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal618
A bit strange, but I'd guess that it's a two button single cuff.

Agreed! my guess is two button single cuff
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
But then why does the "add order" part still have clickable French or barrel. It confounds me.

Maybe I'll just ask CT... although the shirts have disappeared from site.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ooop. It's still there: http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMFS...&level3=Fitted

In fact, the other shirts without the "available in double single cuff" feature listed have disappeared.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
But then why does the "add order" part still have clickable French or barrel. It confounds me.

Maybe I'll just ask CT... although the shirts have disappeared from site.

Simply because if you get barrel cuffs they come with double buttons (vertical) or you can get it in french/double cuff.

b
post #11 of 15
IMO much ado about nothing and just a typo.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo
IMO much ado about nothing and just a typo.


Could it refer to a single French cuff?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
Ooop. It's still there: http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMFS...&level3=Fitted

In fact, the other shirts without the "available in double single cuff" feature listed have disappeared.

Typo. Missing slash or "or". Drop-down menu allows you to pick double OR single
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade
Could it refer to a single French cuff?

Just looked in the printed CT catalogue, and there is only french cuff and button cuff.

Afaik a single link shirt (like a french cuff, but not folded) is only appropriate for evening tails (white tie).

http://www.customshirt1.com/ASK/formal01.html
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Afaik a single link shirt (like a french cuff, but not folded) is only appropriate for evening tails (white tie).

I didn`t know that...thanks for the info

Does everyone else agree that single link cuffs (not french folded) are ONLY appropriate for formal white tie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What's a "double single cuff" for a shirt?