or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Death or This God-awful threak?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Death or This God-awful threak? - Page 18

post #256 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
Then why should we consider them people? You're digging a deep hole of stupidity
Stop searching for opposition to something that doesn't exist. Where did I say that dolphins have intelligence equivalent to human children and that's why they are considered as people? I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
I'm laughing at all of you trying to talk rationally or logically to Nosu. Quit feeding the trolls.
Yeah, your idea of logic and rationale is twisting words, confusing terminology, and opposing statements never said... and name calling.
post #257 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
Yeah, your idea of logic and rationale is twisting words, confusing terminology, and opposing statements never said... and name calling.


post #258 of 345
interesting article on the topic from CNN

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2010/07/12/...ld-die/?hpt=C2
post #259 of 345
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
interesting article on the topic from CNN

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2010/07/12/...ld-die/?hpt=C2
I hope they didn't waste all of that delicious blood.
post #260 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I hope they didn't waste all of that delicious blood.

you can leave a comment on it. You just have to type around all of the PETA drivel.
post #261 of 345
Quote:
Humane slaughter is an oxymoron. Killing these trusting pigs was a total betrayal in a society where meat is not needed to live a healthy, happy life. I've been vegan for 18 years and it's really easy to eat delicious food and not kill innocent animals who trusted you moments before you "humanely" killed them.

+1 to this. It is the ultimate betrayal, disgusting. They probably ate their dog off camera.
post #262 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I hope they didn't waste all of that delicious blood.

Mmmmmmmm boudin noir
post #263 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I hope they didn't waste all of that delicious blood.

Nearly the best part. You are one BAD Jew though, but then I'm a worse Christian...
post #264 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post


I'm laughing at all of you trying to talk rationally or logically to Nosu. Quit feeding the trolls.

Trolls is people. People have the right to food. Juicy dolphin, veal, and foie gras.
post #265 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
+1 to this. It is the ultimate betrayal, disgusting. They probably ate their dog off camera.

please offer support to the argument that pigs build up trust in the farmers and that it is a betrayal when a farmer slaughters the pig and breaks that very special bond the pig has with the farmer.
post #266 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
please offer support to the argument that pigs build up trust in the farmers and that it is a betrayal when a farmer slaughters the pig and breaks that very special bond the pig has with the farmer.

Have you ever interacted with an animal, a pet maybe?
post #267 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosu3 View Post
Have you ever interacted with an animal, a pet maybe?

many animals, including pigs. My neighbor growing up ran a rather comprehensive veterinary practice, so my exposure was quite large from an early age.

Once again, support your argument, please. Any nugget of proof, I tried a google search but that didn't turn up anything. You certainly claim to be more knowledgeable on the subject than I, so please prove it.
post #268 of 345
Humans are designed for plant-based food consumption:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/94656/The-...tomy-of-Eating

Quote:
In conclusion, we see that human beings have the gas- trointestinal tract structure of a "committed" herbivore. Humankind does not show the mixed structural features one expects and finds in anatomical omnivores such as bears and raccoons. Thus, from comparing the gastroin- testinal tract of humans to that of carnivores, herbivores and omnivores we must conclude that humankind's GI tract is designed for a purely plant-food diet.
post #269 of 345
or, alternatively, a fish bonds with the fisherman in that short but precious period between it being caught and on its way to the holding tank. It takes just that one glance and the fish knows "nah, brah. It's cool, you'll be good to me".

Same thing with clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, shrimp, lobsters, chickens, turkey, ducks, etc.


And this does not count as your proof
post #270 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
Once again, support your argument, please. Any nugget of proof, I tried a google search but that didn't turn up anything. You certainly claim to be more knowledgeable on the subject than I, so please prove it.

Is this another "if it isn't proven, it can't be true" argument? Not everything has to be proven to be accepted as true. Are you saying only humans are capable of trust?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Death or This God-awful threak?