or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thoughts on this Kiton sportscoat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thoughts on this Kiton sportscoat?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I wondered what you forum members thought about this Kiton.
(too late for me now, I already won the bid!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks
post #2 of 13
I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you can get newer-styled (i.e. higher gorge) used Kiton suits for less than that, and NWT Brioni and such, if not Kiton, suits for the same price.

That said, if you like it, at least you know the quality is tops.
post #3 of 13
ditto.

You can even get NWT for that price with some patience. Or you can get a new Isaia from Sierra Trading Post.

Having said that, if you haven't worn K before, you will most likely be tremendously pleased with how comfortable the jacket is -- like wearing pajamas.

I would strongly encourage going to the absolute best tailor you can for alterations if any are needed so as not to upset the jacket's balance.
post #4 of 13
Sounds like a lot from a used jacket. Ebay is often higher than garments at local stores that are new with tags.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Ouch! Well thanks for the info guys, you live and learn I guess. This is my biggest Ebay purchase by far and the seller looked good so I bit.
This will be my first Kiton and my other high end piece is a Borelli. Any comment in terms of fit compared to a Borelli?

I do have another question about the jacket. Do you think the lower gouge makes it look really dated or is it still in the realm of classic?

Thanks again...other comments are welcome......I'll make sure I ask what you guys think again before I jump into a purchase like this again.

PD
post #6 of 13
Hey, you got your first Kiton. That is worth something. I think you will find the styling timeless enough that it will be fine.

The perspective of the picture and wide angle lens appears to have shown it as having a lower button stance than is likely in person.

Wear it and enjoy.

Perry
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by paeday
Ouch! Well thanks for the info guys, you live and learn I guess. This is my biggest Ebay purchase by far and the seller looked good so I bit.
This will be my first Kiton and my other high end piece is a Borelli. Any comment in terms of fit compared to a Borelli?

I do have another question about the jacket. Do you think the lower gouge makes it look really dated or is it still in the realm of classic?

Thanks again...other comments are welcome......I'll make sure I ask what you guys think again before I jump into a purchase like this again.

PD
First off, you did make a good call about the seller- he posts here as Carlo and is very well regarded. Owns Carlo Franco, which makes very nice shirts and ties.

As far as the jacket goes, on closer inspection, the gorge isn't really that bad. I do find the cloth a bit dating, but I think that the overall fit and quality of the garment will override that. (Also, it's probably worth restating that gorge and button stance are different things. The Kiton 3-roll-2 buttoning seems to be rather constant across the decades.)

Check out the sellers in the Ebay sticky.
post #8 of 13
Quote:
I wondered what you forum members thought about this Kiton

It would be nice if you could post some pics after you get the jacket. High/low gorge, button stance, etc...doesn`t matter as long it looks good on you.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
First off, you did make a good call about the seller- he posts here as Carlo and is very well regarded. Owns Carlo Franco, which makes very nice shirts and ties.
FYI, that seller is not Chuck (aka, 'Carlo'), who sells as 'sartorialsolutions' on ebay.
post #10 of 13
LOL - no that isn't me, I'd have had the picture in better focus and will tease Brian about that. Brian - check that damned template and make sure it does not auto-specify width and height.

The seller is legit, the jacket is not old. You may find a NWT Kiton at Neiman's last Call for the same price but would not likely find one in your size and a pattern you like. If it is perfect condition as stated then you got a near new Kiton for the price of a new Hart Schaffner Marx.

...think you did fine as long as you like it and it fits. Old? Nah... the super high button stance is a trend that is already going away.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo
LOL - no that isn't me, I'd have had the picture in better focus and will tease Brian about that. Brian - check that damned template and make sure it does not auto-specify width and height.
D'oh! I always confuse you guys' ebay IDs.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
FYI, that seller is not Chuck (aka, 'Carlo'), who sells as 'sartorialsolutions' on ebay.
No - but if I recall, Chuck knows the other seller (as is seemingly implied by Chuck's comment above) and even helped him set up his ebay business, and this seller is also typically highly recommended. Correct me if I'm wrong, Chuck.
post #13 of 13
Yep... I know Brian and I gave him some technical assistance with photography and html and a suggestion that he lose that ugly ass dummy :-)

He's good peeps, has good stuff and is honest.

Asked him about this one and he said it was a 2004 Kiton so there ya go on the 'dated' problem.
Funny sidenote: After he went to the template he's using it was REAL similar to mine and he got lots of ugly emails from people who thought he stole it :-)

OK, I guess that wasn't funny for him.

Seriously - he has good stuff and will take care of you... even if his mannequin is so ugly the dog won't play with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thoughts on this Kiton sportscoat?