• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got yelled at by my boss :(

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fail at planning my work day, I had Big task, Medium task and Small task. I did Small, Medium, and was just about to start on Big when I found out that Big was due NOW. So my boss said screw you, I'm doing it myself. In not so many words but that was the effect.

In fairness, it was totally my screwup and I feel terrible. Right now she won't even accept my apology. How do I (try to) fix things?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admit the mistake, explain the steps you'll take not to repeat such a mistake in the future.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
Right now she won't even accept my apology. How do I (try to) fix things?

You are fucked. Best thing (really the only thing) to do now is quit. They're planning to fire you mark my words.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried J/O in front of her?

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Have you tried J/O in front of her?

How did your plan work out slopho?
Could you link me to the threak where you finally relate to us how your penile performance was and what consequences it had on your life.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flieger
How did your plan work out slopho?
Could you link me to the threak where you finally relate to us how your penile performance was and what consequences it had on your life.

I was totally blocked by someone else, going in again on the 14th.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
In fairness, it was totally my screwup and I feel terrible. Right now she won't even accept my apology. How do I (try to) fix things?

If you already tried to apologize and explain the situation as you saw it. I'd suggest cooling off for a day before talking about it.

Poke your head into her office the next day, and briefly just "I'm sorry I did x and I understand now it made your life difficult. Thank you for giving me the suggestion to do y, and I'll get right on it and report back to you on z interval. I assure you, this won't happen again."

I'm not shilling for this site (bit of paralipsis there) but I find it useful at work: http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/10...d-to-apologize

Best way to think of it is this isn't brain surgery, you're going to fail a few times before you get better and if it was a terminating offense, you would have been gone before you had the time to post this.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
I was totally blocked by someone else, going in again on the 14th.

A cockblock for jerking of in front of someone is something to be thankfull for.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
If you already tried to apologize and explain the situation as you saw it. I'd suggest cooling off for a day before talking about it.

Poke your head into her office the next day, and briefly just "I'm sorry I did x and I understand now it made your life difficult. Thank you for giving me the suggestion to do y, and I'll get right on it and report back to you on z interval. I assure you, this won't happen again."

I'm not shilling for this site (bit of paralipsis there) but I find it useful at work: http://www.manager-tools.com/2006/10...d-to-apologize

Best way to think of it is this isn't brain surgery, you're going to fail a few times before you get better and if it was a terminating offense, you would have been gone before you had the time to post this.

Thanks for this. I will go in tomorrow and try that out.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Admit the mistake, explain the steps you'll take not to repeat such a mistake in the future.

+1. waiting a day is a good suggestion, too.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry - it's not clear to me how you screwed up unless there was more to the story that you didn't communicate in the OP. Should it have been clear to you from the start that the big project was due today? What were the other due dates for the other things? You seemed to imply that you didn't know until just today that the big project was due now.

fairholme_wannabe

Reaction score
^^
worship.gif
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads