• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ill-designed things that are pissing you off

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bathroom stalls that have giant gaps between the door and the wall so people can see you squatting even if they aren't particularly trying to. Also, floor gaps so that they can see your feet. I mean, WTF. WTF is your ******* problem, public bathroom designing assholes? Can't I have my privacy while I poop?

Certain nicer buildings have moved away from this model towards a more private alternative, but the vast majority are still utterly terrible.

Name some more that make you want to skullfuck some sense into the designer.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll go with any cramped or crowded kitchen. If I can't roll out dough or have enough room to have multiple pots and pans going, then **** that *********** eye.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My avatar and you would agree about this.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the bathroom design is so that drunks and junkies can't pass out and choke to death without being seen/saved/abused/laughed at. Just a guess but I know my life got duller when I couldn't see vagrants suffer.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Funny to see this thread. I just bought a small adjustable mirror that supposedly clips on to the rearview mirror in my car so I can see my little girl in her car seat in the back.

F*cking piece of sh*t doesn't fit on my car at all. I took a knife to it and carved it up a bit and bent the plastic for a very ugly but at least functional fit, then removed the protective film off the mirror and see that the thing is a plastic POS with all kinds of bumps and distortions in the mirror. It is utterly useless, and now I can't return it. Complete waste of $7.99 plus tax. Very irritating.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Funny to see this thread. I just bought a small adjustable mirror that supposedly clips on to the rearview mirror in my car so I can see my little girl in her car seat in the back. F*cking piece of sh*t doesn't fit on my car at all. I took a knife to it and carved it up a bit and bent the plastic for a very ugly but at least functional fit, then removed the protective film off the mirror and see that the thing is a plastic POS with all kinds of bumps and distortions in the mirror. It is utterly useless, and now I can't return it. Complete waste of $7.99 plus tax. Very irritating.
On the topic of mirrors - you know those "fogless shaving mirrors" for your shower? Well those pieces of **** are never fogless. I actually have to keep my goddamn shower door slide open a foot so there is enough ventilation to keep the stupid thing fogless. I should sue.
Originally Posted by Blackhood
I think the bathroom design is so that drunks and junkies can't pass out and choke to death without being seen/saved/abused/laughed at. Just a guess but I know my life got duller when I couldn't see vagrants suffer.
Fine - in rest stops. But in high-end office buildings? Come on.

redzapper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Bathroom stalls that have giant gaps between the door and the wall so people can see you squatting even if they aren't particularly trying to. Also, floor gaps so that they can see your feet. I mean, WTF. WTF is your ******* problem, public bathroom designing assholes? Can't I have my privacy while I poop?

Certain nicer buildings have moved away from this model towards a more private alternative, but the vast majority are still utterly terrible.

Name some more that make you want to skullfuck some sense into the designer.

You think that's bad? How about the moron designer that decided that bathrooms needed super shiny floors. Sure they make it dark but it is still reflective enough that you can see the dude in the next stall.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
On the topic of mirrors - you know those "fogless shaving mirrors" for your shower? Well those pieces of **** are never fogless. I actually have to keep my goddamn shower door slide open a foot so there is enough ventilation to keep the stupid thing fogless. I should sue..

Try covering your mirror in shaving foam and then wiping it off. Stops mirrors fogging up for a couple of weeks. (Works with the pressurized canisters, never tried using powder and a badger brush on my mirror yet...)

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It is amazing how often things are designed poorly. One little gripe I have in my Bimmer - It has "automatic" wiper blades that sense the rain and wipe with according frequency. You have to hit a little button on the stalk that comes off the steering column to turn it on, and a light comes on to let you know it's on. But the light is impossible to see through the steering wheel. You have to lean all the way over to peer around the wheel to see it. Far from ideal.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I won't even mention the iPhone 4. The things that piss me off are not ill-designed things but rather ill-designed processes. Especially relating to airplanes: 1) All electronic devices must be turned off during take-off and landing. Really, *****? I've left my phone on (airplane mode) and things haven't gone to hell. A battery operated device will not cause the pilot to not be able to communicate with the air traffic controller. WHY DO YOU TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOMS? Besides, no one's computer is actually off. It's on standby mode. Now what? You gonna make us open our computers and click shut down in front of your eyes? Whoever made that rule is a HUGE asshole.
ffffuuuu.gif
2) Don't get me started on the liquids rule. I mean, let's put a few things together. 5 3oz. bottles of magical explosive liquid + one 15 oz empty mixing bottle in my backpack = You are fucked anyway you TSA dimwits. Die. DIE.
ffffuuuu.gif
3) Seats upright during take-off. Why? So no one hits their face in case there is a rapid break or jolt? How about everyone moves their seat down, and then no one will be at risk of hitting their face any more than before. Assholes.
ffffuuuu.gif
4) Hey asshole pilot. I don't need to hear about what kinds of nimbus clouds are now viewable on our right. Go ************* with a nimbus until it cumuluses into your stupid face. Especially do not do this while I'm watching a movie. A movie on your POS outdated system that starts movies every couple of hours, where I cannot pause, and of course through brilliant design, when you use the intercom it freezes the movie, and does not pause, so I miss three minutes of the best part because of your ******* clouds. Seriously. Go. ****. Yourself.
ffffuuuu.gif
5) Why can't you all be like JetBlue and give me uninterrupted satellite during takeoff and landing.
inlove.gif
There are probably hundreds more, but I don't have the time to post them now.
censored.gif
airlines!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I remember something about the airlines and/or FAA reviewing the electronic devices thing a few years ago, and they decided not to review that policy in the end after looking at the science of it again. Obviously, FCC regs don't allow these things to cause meaningful interference in the first place, but I guess the miniscule chance something might not be operating as specified and causing a problem, nevermind how remote, would just invite so many lawsuits it's not worth it.

The upright seats thing I always assumed was more about allowing the fastest, most uncomplicated paths of egress.

I feel you on the liquids. What an arbitrary, dumb rule. But air security is so full of inconsistencies and nonsense it's best not to get started.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It's very difficult to drink heavily on airplanes now given the no liquids rule.

Well, you could just buy a couple of bottles of chartreuse at the duty free.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads