or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) - Page 192

post #2866 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post


And pay exorbitant amount of money?

Shoemakers aren't that lucrative and this thread is plenty.

oh, I didn't realize... my bad

post #2867 of 2880

I did have a think about that sort of thing, in the end I decided it would make things a bit to "sales-y". I quite like coming here on a casual basis and just talking about shoes, I think I'd probably lose that if I went all Corporate with an official thread. I'm a rubbish salesman anyway, that's why I leave the shoes to try to sell themselves.

post #2868 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntempleman View Post

I did have a think about that sort of thing, in the end I decided it would make things a bit to "sales-y". I quite like coming here on a casual basis and just talking about shoes, I think I'd probably lose that if I went all Corporate with an official thread. I'm a rubbish salesman anyway, that's why I leave the shoes to try to sell themselves.

+1

My feelings as well. Plus it sets you on a course to advocate for personal sensibilities and to critique those who don't approach the work in the same way--it vitiates all objectivity, IOW.
post #2869 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

And pay exorbitant amount of money?

Shoemakers aren't that lucrative and this thread is plenty.
not all thiough
i think borella
is not
an official vendor
and he has
created a thread
of his own
post #2870 of 2880
crosspoast from
teh meccariello thread

my wholecut gator loafer:

nqpd0x.jpg

2dryteb.jpg

2q0mwhv.jpg

25ivrlz.jpg

standard (non aurum)
'campus' loafer
post #2871 of 2880

Wow.

post #2872 of 2880
Stop drooling, mimo!
post #2873 of 2880
Isn't that what this thread is for?!

Drooling. Then dreaming. Then plotting...
post #2874 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Isn't that what this thread is for?!

Drooling. Then dreaming. Then plotting...

+1

That kinda describes the TWAT thread for me, too.
post #2875 of 2880
Well, most of us still have two kidneys and sacks, or a flat. Maybe it's high time to let go of the extra bits in life and invest in some very well-made shoes. They do pay themselves back in 20 or 30 years of wear, right?
post #2876 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Well, most of us still have two kidneys and sacks, or a flat. Maybe it's high time to let go of the extra bits in life and invest in some very well-made shoes. They do pay themselves back in 20 or 30 years of wear, right?

What are "sacks"?

Bespoke shoes pay back immediately. Less tired feet, greater comfort throughout the day, and fun to design. Also relaxing to take care of while watching TV after a shitty, stressful day.
Edited by jerrybrowne - 5/22/15 at 1:56pm
post #2877 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

What are "sacks"?....
ball
?
post #2878 of 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post


not all thiough
i think borella
is not
an official vendor
and he has
created a thread
of his own

Yep, we definitely welcome custom makers to post pics and discussion of their products and processes.  Marcel Hun, Janne Melkersonne, J.P. Myhre, D.W. Frommer II, and others have done this and been well received.  Only direct solitiation isn't allowed (posting prices, trunk shows, websites, email addresses, etc.).

post #2879 of 2880
Met up with my mate shooey the shooman the other day.
He picked up these Cleverly Bespoke
* inbuild supports inside,
* a notched heel most commonly on French and Japanese bespoke,
* a canted hand stacked heel that is slightly higher to add pizzazz, but not too high to destroy a classic look.
* the famous Cleverley chisel toe
* all leather heel, no rubber moon piece, but uses a metal heel insert commonly used in Europe.
* close cut fiddle back waist
* 11 spi on soles
* wholecut
* indigo blue alligator leather
* half sock liner that exposes insole handwork Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #2880 of 2880

Amazing gators. Any pictures of the inside of the shoe?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)