or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) - Page 164

post #2446 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post


You might have already seen it, but Gentleman's Gazzette did a nice write up on Ugolini a couple of years ago: http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/ugolini-bespoke-shoe-review-florence/

BTW, is he still keeping his prices as low as €1100 as starting price?


It's around 1500€ at trunkshows in Germany, but it might be a little less ordering in Florence.

post #2447 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
 


It's around 1500€ at trunkshows in Germany, but it might be a little less ordering in Florence.


Is that all ?! I'll order two pairs then.

post #2448 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonius View Post


Is that all ?! I'll order two pairs then.

Yes; he is good by all standards, but if you factor in the price, it becomes very, very good.
post #2449 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post


It's around 1500€ at trunkshows in Germany, but it might be a little less ordering in Florence.

Thanks! Yeah I like that he keeps his pricing down even if he is very well renowned.
post #2450 of 2460
I feel a bit bad for Ugolini: either the man himself isn't paying much at all to his pocket or much at all to his makers. Surely a thousand more to bespoke prices would only bring RU to the same level with most Italian masters. Mind you, artisanal wages in Italy are not the same thing as in, say, Romania or Hungary.
post #2451 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

I feel a bit bad for Ugolini: either the man himself isn't paying much at all to his pocket or much at all to his makers. Surely a thousand more to bespoke prices would only bring RU to the same level with most Italian masters. Mind you, artisanal wages in Italy are not the same thing as in, say, Romania or Hungary.

Yeah, but wages are also lower than in for example England. And he is not the only one, for example Mannina, Paolo Scafora and Antonio Meccariello offer full bespoke at prices between €1100-€1500. Seems to work.
post #2452 of 2460

Crosspost from "standard" shoe porn thread: Latest acquisition: a pair of seamless wholecuts from Austrian bespoke maker Maftei. Very pleased with the shoes. On my blog you'll find a substantial buyer's guide to Maftei, lots of info and with more pictures, among others from the production of these shoes. Use the translation tool in the sidebar to make it understandable.

 

The shoes:

 

 

 

 

 


 

MANY MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

post #2453 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post
 

Crosspost from "standard" shoe porn thread: Latest acquisition: a pair of seamless wholecuts from Austrian bespoke maker Maftei. Very pleased with the shoes. On my blog you'll find a substantial buyer's guide to Maftei, lots of info and with more pictures, among others from the production of these shoes. Use the translation tool in the sidebar to make it understandable.

 

The shoes:

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 


 

MANY MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

I like this pair quite a lot.  Shape and color.  What is this leather?

So this pair is not pegged at all?   I thought Maftei has pegged sole.

post #2454 of 2460

^Absolutely killer shoes.

post #2455 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I like this pair quite a lot.  Shape and color.  What is this leather?

So this pair is not pegged at all?   I thought Maftei has pegged sole.

 

Thanks! The leather is crust from D'annonay, which Maftei hand paint. Not pegged at all. They do offer pegged shoes, but also hand welted (like mine) and norvegese/goyser.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post
 

^Absolutely killer shoes.

 

Cheers!

post #2456 of 2460
Navy Crup from Cleverley.







post #2457 of 2460
A few more images. They have been doing something different for the footbed recently, I believe to increase arch support. Any ideas what this is?



post #2458 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

A few more images. They have been doing something different for the footbed recently, I believe to increase arch support. Any ideas what this is?

The insole is just formed up around the medial side of the instep and trimmed to create a de facto "arch-cookie." Usually the heel pad or partial sock is cut to cover it but not in this case, it appears.

Although I have done the technique, I don't recall the name at the moment.

There were some photos of shoes being made by Anthony Delos posted on the forum somewhere and Bengal Stripe also posted photos of the raw insole, as well. He knows the name of the technique too, I'm sure. I just can't bring it to mind.

mmphm...baldy[1].gif

And here's one from Masaru Okuyama


Edited by DWFII - 8/13/14 at 4:57pm
post #2459 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post

The insole is just formed up around the medial side of the instep and trimmed to create a de facto "arch-cookie." Usually the heel pad or partial sock is cut to cover it but not in this case, it appears.

Although I have done the technique, I don't recall the name at the moment.

There were some photos of shoes being made by Anthony Delos posted on the forum somewhere and Bengal Stripe also posted photos of the raw insole, as well. He knows the name of the technique too, I'm sure. I just can't bring it to mind.

mmphm...baldy[1].gif

Great, thanks for the information!
post #2460 of 2460
"Up in the waist"...Duh!! I don't know why I couldn't think of it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)