or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) - Page 154

post #2296 of 2460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessMan View Post

Thanks Luk. 
Definitely worth the visit. 
Hopefully we'll have a chance to bump in to each other at some point too.

Andrew.

well let me know you contact details via PM and perhaps we can arrange that bump when i am in Melbourne
post #2297 of 2460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post







Cleverley #4 Crup. The stitching on the storm welt was very clean....

very nice, worth a re-quote

are they lined?
post #2298 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

very nice, worth a re-quote

are they lined?

Thank you. Yes, they are lined, and the double sole has a thin rubber membrane in the middle to make them more water resistant. With all of this, they are still pretty light!
post #2299 of 2460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Thank you. Yes, they are lined, and the double sole has a thin rubber membrane in the middle to make them more water resistant. With all of this, they are still pretty light!

why didnt you go with them unlined at the ancle??
post #2300 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

why didnt you go with them unlined at the ancle??

To be honest I didn't even think about it. I wish I did though ;-)
post #2301 of 2460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

To be honest I didn't even think about it. I wish I did though ;-)

whats next from either of your makers?
post #2302 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

whats next from either of your makers?

From Cleverley I have a pair of navy crup loafers and a pair of ruby crup longwings, and from JLSJ a pair of plain toe bluchers in calf. I'm also trying out Foster and Son and have a pair of brogued captoe bluchers (the horror) on order.

You? Anything in the pipeline?
post #2303 of 2460
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

From Cleverley I have a pair of navy crup loafers and a pair of ruby crup longwings, and from JLSJ a pair of plain toe bluchers in calf. I'm also trying out Foster and Son and have a pair of brogued captoe bluchers (the horror) on order.

You? Anything in the pipeline?

A lot of crup coming, i bet they love you, as i know most hate working with it, looking forward to seeing them all, i think the only horror with the cap toe derby would be if it is in black (dont tell fritzl i said so ;-)) i am thinking about some loafers a pair in suede/ china buck and also perhaps a sueded lizard skin
post #2304 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post

A lot of crup coming, i bet they love you, as i know most hate working with it, looking forward to seeing them all, i think the only horror with the cap toe derby would be if it is in black (dont tell fritzl i said so ;-)) i am thinking about some loafers a pair in suede/ china buck and also perhaps a sueded lizard skin

Heh. Yeah I get alot of grumbles from the crup. They are getting used to it, and the quality is going up alot. This pair had no tool marks. Cap toe derbies are going to be in brown antiqued.

I've been wanting a pair of suede loafers. Scared that I won't get alot of life out of them though. What is china buck? You still using GG?
post #2305 of 2460
By the way I tracked down my lastmaker at JL who left. He made the best fitting last I've had and is now making his own shoes, lasts, and trees.

http://stevenloweshoes.com/

going to have him make a few trees for me and if things work out, maybe a pair of shoes. Those of you in London should check him out. His prices are WAY lower than other London makers, and I'm sure the fit and quality will be fanstastic.
post #2306 of 2460

 

 

 

 

 

post #2307 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

By the way I tracked down my lastmaker at JL who left. He made the best fitting last I've had and is now making his own shoes, lasts, and trees.

http://stevenloweshoes.com/

going to have him make a few trees for me and if things work out, maybe a pair of shoes. Those of you in London should check him out. His prices are WAY lower than other London makers, and I'm sure the fit and quality will be fanstastic.

 

Hope he travels to SF...

post #2308 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post




















Very nice! JLSJ? I've not seen them do such clean work..
post #2309 of 2460

paris.

post #2310 of 2460
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

paris.

Figures. Beautiful shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)