• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Shoe Appreciation Alert. More G&Gs's just arrived, Sting Ray and Alligator

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Hi Guys

These will be the last ones for a while. I am going on a bespoke Hiatus for a year (well that's the plan before I go broke), not to say there are not shoes on the way, I have some JL Vale's in Plum Museum being made specially for me and some Anthony Cleverley loafers arriving within a week.

These 2 G&G's came out a great as the RL Norwegian, the Stingray is slightly darker than their sample shoe they take on the rd but none the less very flash, the Gators are a real class act.

The fit has been improved on these last three over the first two I had made, slightly narrower.
c5b8fbe867246390996d61daf4c5e4aa.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 11.33.38 PM.png

IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Regards

CDM

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Well. Certainly different.
peepwall[1].gif

Yeah, I think when you spending this much dough they need to be different and not close to anything available RTW.

I fancy some maple tan seamless wholecuts next with a medallion on the toe and a little dotted broguing on the throat.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I really liked your reindeers. Sadly, I can't say the same for either of these.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
why does this remind me of the 80's
devil.gif

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Never seen anyone handle stingray with such finesse. Those "bumps" are hard. They are near-as-nevermind ivory. Sewing stingray is a depressing job because when you aren't breaking needles, the nodules are deflecting the needle point such that the stitching looks so amateurish as to ruin the work. Got to hand it to G&G.
tipofthehat.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
Never seen anyone handle stingray with such finesse. Those "bumps" are hard. They are near-as-nevermind ivory. Sewing stingray is a depressing job because when you aren't breaking needles, the nodules are deflecting the needle point such that the stitching looks so amateurish as to ruin the work.

Got to hand it to G&G.
tipofthehat.gif

i wanted a full brogued pair but they turned me down
frown.gif

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
frown.gif

You're scaring me...I hope I don't have nightmares.
scared.gif
lol8[1].gif

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
frown.gif

Now that would put Tony to the test, see what he says, or failing that a pair of split toe Norwegians

I am so happy how those Stingray's came out, I am toying with a pink or purple pair, a la Eddie Hayes or Jun Kuwana.

I think when Rod see's em, he will definately get a pair in black to match his Henry Poole Dinner Suit. BTW, he has not replied to me yet.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
You're scaring me...I hope I don't have nightmares.
scared.gif

haha drilled holes not punched i guess ;-)

lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
Now that would put Tony to the test, see what he says, or failing that a pair of split toe Norwegians

I am so happy how those Stingray's came out, I am toying with a pink or purple pair, a la Eddie Hayes or Jun Kuwana.

I think when Rod see's em, he will definately get a pair in black to match his Henry Poole Dinner Suit. BTW, he has not replied to me yet.

****!

ok keep me posted

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads