• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst present ever?

Saltricks

Reaction score
What's the worst present you've ever gotten?

I got a super tight (I'm 5'10 and got a solid build) neon green and red tshirt for christmas that was obviously made for females. It was (I think) a S or XS, and I was forced to "model" it for her (the seams were literally ripping off). As I was taking it off in the bathroom, the front half just tore open like the incredible hulk. Now I'm forced to explain where that shirt is everytime I visit gram gram.

hamish5178

Reaction score
When I was 7 my sister gave me some pink VS underwear, with a CD hidden underneath. Unfortunately I ran from the room crying before I discovered the CD.

At 14 I wasn't given anything for Christmas, my parents forgot me, but not my siblings or eachother.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A pug remote control holder. It was basically a little pug statue that sat on its hind legs and held the remote with its front legs.

For some reason when you own a pug people automatically assume you want everything in your life to feature a pug's likeness. Over the seven years we've owned a pug we've received (off the top of my head): A pug bag, Christmas ornament, beanie babies, coin purse, pajama shirt/pants (for MrsG), and the aforementioned remote control holder.

facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by hamish5178
When I was 7 my sister gave me some pink VS underwear, with a CD hidden underneath. Unfortunately I ran from the room crying before I discovered the CD.

At 14 I wasn't given anything for Christmas, my parents forgot me, but not my siblings or eachother.

butbut.gif
frown.gif

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
um... fruitcake? i still get one from someone who's actually baked it and watch me eat it...

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
For some reason when you own a pug people automatically assume you want everything in your life to feature a pug's likeness. Over the seven years we've owned a pug we've received (off the top of my head): A pug bag, Christmas ornament, beanie babies, coin purse, pajama shirt/pants (for MrsG), and the aforementioned remote control holder.

facepalm.gif

butbut.gif
frown.gif

The worst part was that I was really into cooking at that age (really into cooking, I bought Globals with allowance money), and the only presents for me under the tree were a spatula and pot holder from grandma. . .

The same grandmother also admitted once many years ago that she liked elephants. Her apartment is now FULL of elephant gifts
ffffuuuu.gif

lilcram

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not me personally but a friend told me for his 11th birthday his parents gave him a key to the house, that's it.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In before someone misreads this as "Word President Ever" and this turns into yet another Obama bashing threak.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To turn this around for a moment - A late friend who grew up in The Depression said he got a bag of oatmeal for Christmas and he was happy!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Obama, by a long shot. What an asshat that man is.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
at least these gifts mentioned above had some bit of thought to it, humorous or otherwise.

i wouldnt call them bad gifts. just memorable.

worst gifts are when you are a child and at christmas or your birthday you have relatives (father's side aunts and uncles) that dont give an ass about you, but out of formality and reluctance they just pull some 99 cent sock or trincket they see hanging from the cash register and wrap it up and give to you.
while all your other cousins same age were getting great gifts from these relatives.

you know what? i wasnt really bitter or sad for myself. i could care less (even though i was like 7 or 8). i was more sad and angered for my parents. they didnt like my mom. and they showed their political power through trying to hurt her through her child. these people will definitely rot somewhere im sure. but anyways nice topic.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an Infinity G20 for my 16th birthday. I was pissed because I wanted a Lexus SC300. I will never forgive my parents for that one.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gosh... whenever i get my fruitcake its actually from a very close friend so I actually am touched by the sentiment and force myself to slice it right in front of her and eat a slice. but to get a ****** present on purpose out of spite and to hurt... thats some next level evil.
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
at least these gifts mentioned above had some bit of thought to it, humorous or otherwise. i wouldnt call them bad gifts. just memorable. worst gifts are when you are a child and at christmas or your birthday you have relatives (father's side aunts and uncles) that dont give an ass about you, but out of formality and reluctance they just pull some 99 cent sock or trincket they see hanging from the cash register and wrap it up and give to you. while all your other cousins same age were getting great gifts from these relatives. you know what? i wasnt really bitter or sad for myself. i could care less (even though i was like 7 or 8). i was more sad and angered for my parents. they didnt like my mom. and they showed their political power through trying to hurt her through her child. these people will definitely rot somewhere im sure. but anyways nice topic.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
My mom startled me with an argyle sweater once. It wasn't so much the sweater, but she'd been dead for 6 years.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't remember how old she was, I think 14 or 15, but my girlfriend got a small trash can and the sound track to The Full Monty on cassette (keep in mind this was 2003ish) for her birthday... from her whole family.

She asked her parents about it a few years later, and they were like, "I don't know what we were thinking, don't know how we let that happen."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads