or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brooks Brothers Semi-Annual Sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers Semi-Annual Sale

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Are there any truly outstanding deals in this sale?

The prices on shirts and pants do not appear to be particularly compelling. Prices seemed better during the Friends & Family sale a little while back.
post #2 of 23
Prices on shirts are pretty good. 3 for 159 comes out to $53 each - not going to do much better than that.

Suits on the other hand you can get for cheaper.
post #3 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAnderson View Post
Prices on shirts are pretty good. 3 for 159 comes out to $53 each - not going to do much better than that.

Suits on the other hand you can get for cheaper.

Be careful not to put in a corporate discount though. I tried it and they charged me more. They just gave me the corporate discount from the standard price rather than the sale price (which was less).
post #4 of 23
the only truly good deal to be had are the shell cordovan shoes.

Everything else is just meh, mhem
post #5 of 23
I bought some shoe polish and some of the Milano fit chinos. I was going to buy some ribbon belts, but they sold too fast.
post #6 of 23
whoever runs brooks' online warehouse / shipping should be taken out and shot at first light. i ordered at the weekend and it's still sitting there. i called and they said it would be at least 10 days before it moves. also the idea of charging more for shipping - the more you spend - is crazy. maybe they are trying to bring back the ambience of retail in the 1930s.
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
the only truly good deal to be had are the shell cordovan shoes.

Everything else is just meh, mhem

C&J ginger suede oxfords for 40% off was a good deal.
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
the only truly good deal to be had are the shell cordovan shoes.

Everything else is just meh, mhem

Yeah, a good time to buy shell Alden loafers. Tempting.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
whoever runs brooks' online warehouse / shipping should be taken out and shot at first light.

i ordered at the weekend and it's still sitting there. i called and they said it would be at least 10 days before it moves.

also the idea of charging more for shipping - the more you spend - is crazy.

maybe they are trying to bring back the ambience of retail in the 1930s.

They've had problems with that this year. My Dad purchased a suit on the first day of the sale, and they sent him the jacket without pants. He contacted them immediately and still hasn't heard back from them.

A lot of the deals are pretty lackluster this year, especially compared to last year. Had I known, I would have stocked up with the 40% off the week before father's day rather than wait until the semi-annual.
post #10 of 23
Yea I made the same mistake. I didn't buy a Cordovan belt the week before the sale when it was around $100. I bought one yesterday for 140-150 and it's not even going to ship until August 8th.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy View Post
Yea I made the same mistake. I didn't buy a Cordovan belt the week before the sale when it was around $100. I bought one yesterday for 140-150 and it's not even going to ship until August 8th.
If it makes you feel better, I ordered the cordovan belt during the 40% sale and it's not scheduled to ship till August either.
post #12 of 23
I was surprised to see that BB has whiskey shell LHS loafers at the 346 Madison store. I had no idea that Alden produced whiskey shell for BB until I saw the shoes there today, and they're 25% off for the semi-annual sale.
post #13 of 23
Just bought a pair of C&J made brown monkstraps for $ 244, which seems pretty steller to me.
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I was surprised to see that BB has whiskey shell LHS loafers at the 346 Madison store. I had no idea that Alden produced whiskey shell for BB until I saw the shoes there today, and they're 25% off for the semi-annual sale.

If it's the same pair I saw on the table by the shirts, I think those are faded #8's.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by stant62 View Post
If it's the same pair I saw on the table by the shirts, I think those are faded #8's.
No, they had more of them in the shoe department. I saw those by the shirt table and wondered about that, but then I saw more in the shoe department.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brooks Brothers Semi-Annual Sale