• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim help from other skinny guys

v1100110

Reaction score
I'm pretty skinny, as in 5'7" 115lbs skinny, and having a hell of a time finding some nice jeans. I'm looking for some dark denim I can dress up. I just ordered some of the Gap selvedge skinnys thinking they would be what I'm looking for, but I'm less than satisfied with their fit on me. I think my thighs are just too small to look good in most cuts, on top of that, it's just hard to find jeans with a 28" waist.
I've read through a lot of the jean threads on here, but most of the guys that post pictures are not a skinny build like me. Are there any skinny guys on here that can throw out some recommendations? I'm not trying to achieve the skinny jean look really, I just want some normal looking jeans that fit well.

Here is a picture of the gap skinny's on me(that I will probably return):
20100701-dx2piugiski4us3ktm5a5rabpp.jpg

And here are a pair of lucky's that I currently wear:
20100701-ktmy2put56drihfc41jb8fe7ma.jpg

Christobevii3

Reaction score
The lucky's have a boot cut and look worse. Put some weight on or buy jeans that fit.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
The lucky's have a boot cut and look worse. Put some weight on or buy jeans that fit.
I'm not opposed to boot cut jeans. Putting weight on isn't an option, and I'm trying to find what to buy that will fit me. Finding jeans that fit is the point of my post.

Originally Posted by Ego Death
Levi's 511 or 510's.
I tried these on the other day and Levi's are all just way too roomy in the thighs for me.

p.s. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=164402
Oops, sorry.

Christobevii3

Reaction score
The gaps look better but you might consider trying some of the skinnier naked and famous cuts.

Ego Death

Reaction score
If 510's are roomy then you must have freakishly skinny legs. I don't think that's humanly possible, if sized appropriately.

bma

Reaction score
new cures look dope on skinny kids.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If 510's are roomy then you must have freakishly skinny legs. I don't think that's humanly possible, if sized appropriately.

510's true to size are tight on skinny legs. They are comical on average builds.

This is most definitely a forum for skinny F***ers. I'm skinny (5'11 150) and I wear APC P.S and Dior 19cm's... I'm going to go ahead and not read any of whats been said besides "I'm not trying to achieve the skinny jeans look" and recommend APC NS sized down two.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm close to your specs, and I like my Julian Red Hoboken's the best, but I haven't tried on a lot of jeans. Also the fit of the ass is definitely not dressy.
I also wear Naked & Famous Skinny Guys, and a pair of Weird Guys sized down one.
Also, Levi's 510s are not, ARE NOT too roomy in the thighs.
That's not what you tried on, clearly.
I'm an inch or two taller and five pounds less than you and they are TIGHT.
511s are probably more realistic but I hate their cut.

v1100110

Reaction score
Originally Posted by melonadejello
I'm close to your specs, and I like my Julian Red Hoboken's the best, but I haven't tried on a lot of jeans. Also the fit of the ass is definitely not dressy.
I also wear Naked & Famous Skinny Guys, and a pair of Weird Guys sized down one.
Also, Levi's 510s are not, ARE NOT too roomy in the thighs.
That's not what you tried on, clearly.
I'm an inch or two taller and five pounds less than you and they are TIGHT.
511s are probably more realistic but I hate their cut.

I guess I didn't try on the 510's then. I know for certain that I tried on the 514's and I'm pretty sure I tried on the 511's. Neither looked good one me. one was tight below the knee, but that just made it look even more loose at the top.

Fit pictures of the APC's look good but I can't even find a place to order them in a size 26. I'll keep looking since I know they do actually make that size. I wonder if it's worth a trip up to NYC to try and find some.

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
def look into APCs. if you live near NYC and can get up there and try stuff on itll be worth it. the 510s should fit well too, 514 is a dramatically looser cut

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'11" 142 lbs. A few things that work for me....

Experiment with sizing down in the waist until you get the fit you desire in the thighs and legs. My jeans collection has a large variation between the tightest and loosest waists. That's because I tend to size for the overall look in the legs and only consider the waist fit as secondary. This is a case where I've found working backwards from conventional wisdom is often best.

Try going with some softer denim. Often times the extremely rigid denim (like those Gap ones you're wearing) will bend at strange angles, making the fit look awkward. Others will surely disagree with this, but I've always liked my fits far better with softer jeans.

Try some Japanese brands-- the thighs are nearly always far smaller than what you'll find sold here.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry to come off as a dick but do you have some sort of illness? 115 pounds at 5'7" is heavily underweight and must be pretty unhealthy. I heavily suggest trying to gain weight, even seeing a doctor about your problem. Even BB1 is huge compared to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics