• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louie on FX

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Just copped/watched the first two episodes. This show is actually living up to my expectations, which I didn't actually expect would happen. It's just so dark, gritty, and grotesque in a way that fits his style of humor.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll have to check it out. Louis CK is one of my favorites.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Wow he even made Jay look a little funny.

Will def check it out. His standup specials are amazing. Plus he wrote and directed Pootie Tang.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the pilot and first episode of this sometime this week, and it was absolutely hilarious. I immediately set my DVR to record the entire season.

If you like Louis CK's stand up, you will almost certainly like this show. It's actually really similar to his stand up, and you can see a clear correlation, but it's not cheesy at all trying to relate the two. I would think this show is funny whether or not I'd seen his stand up before.

runner-guy

Reaction score
+1. Very funny show. My wife and I were laughing our asses off when he went on that date.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread! I had seen all the promos for this show and then had forgotten all about it when it started up. I'll have to check On Demand and then DVR the rest...

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pilot was pretty funny, I'll definitely keep watching.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the first two episodes showed promise. so bleak and dark and funny. they really dive into the dark stuff.

i've been married for almost a decade (and i'm still 31) so the premise of this show scares the living **** out of me, but fascinates me also.

if you've heard his latest set then its all just acted out bits. but if you haven't then it should be fresh and hilarious.

the whole having a close gay friend (and having a ton of questions about it) is so true... once you're loosened up the questions are plentiful and hilarious.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
His hbo show was pretty bad from what i remember but i didn't really know who he was then (still wasn't funny) but i love his standup and i've heard good things from a friend whom i trust. Have these DVRd but waiting for the lady and i to both be home the same evening to watch them. Looking forward to it

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3rd episode was great. ricky gervias cameo. he really doesn't dick around racial issues... so its fun to watch.

also they depict friendship (the kind where you get into fist fights) pretty well.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lawrence, I think you're thinking of Nick Dipaulo. He was the other comedian that Louis got into the fist fight with.

Gervais played the inappropriate Doctor. Effing hilarious.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Lawrence, I think you're thinking of Nick Dipaulo. He was the other comedian that Louis got into the fist fight with.

Gervais played the inappropriate Doctor. Effing hilarious.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

nick dipaulo is the only reason i check out collegehumor. seeing him on those collagehumor videos is like eating ice cream.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads