or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who Says Drape Can't Equal Shape?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who Says Drape Can't Equal Shape?

post #1 of 42
Thread Starter 
I feel that there seems to be a misconception amongst a lot of people that the soft shouldered draped style of tailoring often produces a sloppy, baggy jacket with very little shape but as you can see of the two examples of the Steed silhouette, we are able to provide as much shape and "snap" as required.


A key feature of our cut is the high, smaller armhole which provides us with a longer line, with the added benefit of freedom of movement and comfort whilst not compromising the overall fit of the jacket.

This is illustrated in the picture below of one of our customers David Nossiter, whilst he is leaning from the Bus on his wedding day. (Notice how the jacket stays gripped to his neck)


Although our house style is of a softer shoulder, we do have some clients that prefer somewhere in between the more structured style of houses such as Kilgour and Huntsmans and the softer style of ours. An example of this would be Voxsartoria (Vox) who some of you know and posts on here regularly.

Edwin DeBoise

Steed Bespoke Tailors

www.steeds-view.blogspot.com

www.steed.co.uk
post #2 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Although our house style is of a softer shoulder, we do have some clients that prefer somewhere in between the more structured style of houses such as Kilgour and Huntsmans and the softer style of ours. An example of this would be Voxsartoria (Vox) who some of you know and posts on here regularly.




- B
post #3 of 42
The man is a Drape Ape, no doubt about it.
post #4 of 42
We Drapists are persistent and resolute creatures.
post #5 of 42
Drape with padding makes baby Jesus cry.
post #6 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Drape with padding makes baby Jesus cry.
Jesus was a Drapist. So was Buddha. And Vishnu.
post #7 of 42
mafoo, I always knew you were an antisemite! (despite marrying a jewess)

Where's Moses in all this? Moses was one hell of a drapist, alright
post #8 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Jesus was a Drapist.



So was Buddha.



And Vishnu.


This is all well and good but tell us who their tailors were!
post #9 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohm View Post
This is all well and good but tell us who their tailors were!

Duh. Rubinacci.
post #10 of 42
I can tell you who wasn't a drapist...the great bespoke tailor Recep Cesur.

As for the early 1960s Florentine tailor, Mario Zuccala, well...see for yourself.

A good source, BTW, of undraped, structured tailoring these days is Mens Wearhouse. I guarantee it.


- B
post #11 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Duh. Rubinacci.

Actually, I believe that is their slogan.

Also: nice job summoning tepdoc.


- B
post #12 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Actually, I believe that is their slogan.

Also: nice job summoning tepdoc.


- B

Can someone pls summarize / or provide a link to tepdoc's tirade against LH. People always refer to this, and I feel lost as I haven't read the post. I wanna hang with the cool kids too!
post #13 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
As for the early 1960s Florentine tailor, Mario Zuccala, well...see for yourself.




- B

I believe a similar fate happened to Darren Beammeupman...
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Can someone pls summarize / or provide a link to tepdoc's tirade against LH. People always refer to this, and I feel lost as I haven't read the post. I wanna hang with the cool kids too!

They weren't posted here, but off on the Island of the Banned.


- B
post #15 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
mafoo, I always knew you were an antisemite! (despite marrying a jewess) Where's Moses in all this? Moses was one hell of a drapist, alright
Moses is not of an equivalent status within Judaism, as compared to Jesus, Buddha, or Vishnu within their respective religions. The Jewish god would be much closer, but he doesn't have a physical form or manifestation. However, you are right: Yahweh (is that the proper term?) is nonetheless also a Drapist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Can someone pls summarize / or provide a link to tepdoc's tirade against LH. People always refer to this, and I feel lost as I haven't read the post. I wanna hang with the cool kids too!
I'm not sure anyone really knows why he is so negative on Rubinacci, but the negativity appears to have developed shortly after Rubinacci spread beyond Iammatt on the forums and Tep visited Rubinacci (in London, I believe). He has never explicitly revealed why his experience was so disillusioning, but he has frequently alluded to Mariano's smile, the fanciness of the Rubinacci shops, the presence at the Carlyle, Arab oil money, and Persian carpet dealers. I'm not sure what the connection is between those things, but I think the point is that he believes it's self-explanatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
They weren't posted here, but off on the Island of the Banned.
And London Lounge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Who Says Drape Can't Equal Shape?