or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age?? - Page 8

post #106 of 213

^^^^ Mac, you make tassels look good.

post #107 of 213

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/allen-edmonds-grayson-loafer-022712

 

Circa February 29012

post #108 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

^^^^ Mac, you make tassels look good.

thank you
do you wear tassels
post #109 of 213
I have a pair of tassel loafers from AS handgrade, really love it, you just need to choose the right shape to make it look good
post #110 of 213
I'm 49, never had a tassel loafer in my life, never liked them. But, after watching recent cool posts of the Alden on the aberdeen, G&G, and AS handgrades, i think I will re evaluate the situation.
post #111 of 213
29. havent owned a pair since HS. i had a pair of square toe mezlans with a silver monogrammed tassel. shog[1].gif

i wouldnt say i have given up on them, but i havent come across a pair that has interested me, and that i could use often enough seriously, to consider buying.
post #112 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post

I'm 49, never had a tassel loafer in my life, never liked them. But, after watching recent cool posts of the Alden on the aberdeen, G&G, and AS handgrades, i think I will re evaluate the situation.

nephew,
try the tassel, you will like
post #113 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

29. havent owned a pair since HS. i had a pair of square toe mezlans with a silver monogrammed tassel. shog[1].gif
i wouldnt say i have given up on them, but i havent come across a pair that has interested me, and that i could use often enough seriously, to consider buying.

nephew,
give it another try-your good candidate for suede tassels
post #114 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
give it another try-your good candidate for suede tassels

uncle,
thanks, i think i just may when the funds are right. there are few more things i should like to get first.
a suede cap toe, and yes, something in shell. smile.gif
post #115 of 213

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


thank you
do you wear tassels

 


I do not own any tassels, no.  But I am in the market for a loafer.  Can you suggest an entry level tassel loafer?

post #116 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post





I do not own any tassels, no.  But I am in the market for a loafer.  Can you suggest an entry level tassel loafer?

#8 alden-check my blog for pictures of this tassel
post #117 of 213
I think you legally have to be over 60 to wear them.
post #118 of 213

Uncle Mac, you're referring to these?

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/72565/rock-your-socks-show-your-sock-shoe-pant-combos/1575#post_4877152

 

I don't own any cordovan  .  .  . yet.  I'll have to save up a little (as I just snatched up some suede Indys from Epaulet).

 

My sincerest thanks for the recommendation.

 

Oh, and I'm nowhere near 60.

post #119 of 213
34, have a pair of tan Aldens and a mahogany AE's. I wear them to work sockless with slim fitting chinos, also wear them with slim jeans. Very versatile IMO but they do invite attention, it is not that common to see a thirty-something rocking tassels...
post #120 of 213
I don't know anyone who wears tassel loafers, I've never had a pair. Probably more of a North American thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › If you wear TASSEL loafers, what is your age??