or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › canadian price mark up for shoes (harry rosen)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

canadian price mark up for shoes (harry rosen) - Page 2

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Never seen any Attolini or Isaia there. Attolini is only in the store across the street from Rosen on Bloor AFAIK (forgot the name) and Isaia is at Holts.

http://www.83bloor.com/
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattersall

Yup, that's it. The store that goes by its address.
post #18 of 25
Damn, I was there last month and didn't get to check that place out. It's on my list the next time I go to TO. What kind of shoes do they have in there? Btw, are there any good places to get EG in Toronto?
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Btw, are there any good places to get EG in Toronto?

Nope. That is the sort of the point of this thread. Overpriced AE and Prada crap - welcome to Canada!
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Damn, I was there last month and didn't get to check that place out. It's on my list the next time I go to TO. What kind of shoes do they have in there? Btw, are there any good places to get EG in Toronto?

When I was there last year they had Stefano Branchini. If you like EG, this will not really be your cup of tea: They're way over the top in terms of styling. Montreal is the first and last word for fine shoes in Canada.
post #21 of 25
Do you guys think a sky valet kind of place would work in Toronto? If there's money for attolini, brioni, and kiton, there has to be money for EG and Lobb.
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattersall
When I was there last year they had Stefano Branchini. If you like EG, this will not really be your cup of tea: They're way over the top in terms of styling. Montreal is the first and last word for fine shoes in Canada.

They have Branchini at Giorgio's on Sherbrooke.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
They have Branchini at Giorgio's on Sherbrooke.

I wondered if that's what they were. They're made under a different label that I couldn't recognize (vananzi or something, can't remember). Branchini makes a nice pair of shoes once in a while but a lot of it is way over the top. They had Lobbs on sale when I was there last week but nothing terribly exciting and only for tiny feet. They're supposed to get new models in 2 weeks time. The sales staff seem pretty clueless to me though. They couldn't answer any questions and when i was looking at a pair of shoes someone asked me if I was looking at Berlutis, to which I responded "do you have Berluti?" To which she answered "no"
post #24 of 25
Branchini shoes look awsome (But I won't drop $2000 for them unless I have money tree growing in my condo). Also you can find shoes from Pal Zileri at 83 Bloor. I do not know who makes shoes for them but they appear to be hand welted and have norvegese construction and cheaper than S. Branchini's.

You can find some Attolini suits, but you also can find not so well known hand made suits from Naples. They are just as spectacular as Attolini's IMO.
post #25 of 25
the aforementioned shop also has gorgeous RTW Pal Zileri jackets.

Ya, Branchini looks kind of wild.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › canadian price mark up for shoes (harry rosen)