or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Keynesian Dead End
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Keynesian Dead End - Page 5

post #61 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Please tell me my sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

I was wondering about that as well.
post #62 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
THIS. Poverty in Canada is virtually nonexistent. Here in the States, we've been this close to winning the War on Poverty for almost sixty years now. If we could just get more funding for it, we'd finally win.

All jingoistic snark aside, I strongly agree with you that the defense budget should be scaled back significantly.


You guys are at least as thick as I am.
post #63 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
If one is forced to work within your opinions, which is how you set the scenario, one is likely to come up with opinions like yours.
Wow. Deep. I don't need to write an essay explaining why I'd prefer my money going towards social programs, efficient or not, over an over-large military. I'd leave but I think at least a few of you are gaga over the concept of having new blood that doesn't hold your own general positions- as completely misinformed or post-lazy as I probably am- to demonstrate the breadth of your intellectual and political egos.
post #64 of 127
There is a complex and concerted effort going on to collapse the US dollar and use the crisis to create a new borderless North American Union (essentially destyroying the USA, Canada, and Mexico as independent nations) with a new Amero currency.


Americans really need to understand what is actually going on in Europe with the destuction of individual nation states, dividing all of Europe into smaller economic zones ruled from the European Parliament in Brussels. There is a similar plan for North America.



Things have become very bad at the EU.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #65 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
There is a complex and concerted effort going on to collapse the US dollar and use the crisis to create a new borderless North American Union (essentially destyroying the USA, Canada, and Mexico as independent nations) with a new Amero currency.

Holy shit, is that what they're up to?
post #66 of 127
Hmm, no need for sarcasm.
post #67 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post

I'd leave but I think at least a few of you are gaga over the concept of having new blood that doesn't hold your own general positions- as completely misinformed or post-lazy as I probably am- to demonstrate the breadth of your intellectual and political egos.

Are you trying to say you think you complete us?

post #68 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
All jingoistic snark aside....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Please tell me my sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
I was wondering about that as well.

post #69 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

Old-people-not-understanding-the-interwebz speak.
post #70 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Are you trying to say you think you complete us?
Every sitcom needs a token dumb/lazy/sarcastic guy.
post #71 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown85 View Post
Old-people-not-understanding-the-interwebz speak.

eleventy!!1!1!
post #72 of 127
Keynseianism is a big fail because it's too optimistic in assuming politicians will do the right thing, pay off debt and build surpluses during times of plenty, while keeping taxes low for everyone during the hard times. Free market is a better alternative, but we don't have that either, so who cares, we're fucked! I guess I should start smoking weed and try to get into Participatory Economics. (yeah right, hahaha)
post #73 of 127
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
Free market is a better alternative, but we don't have that now, so who cares, we're fucked!

Fixed.
post #74 of 127
Do you think we'll ever have a free market, really, regardless what party is in power?
post #75 of 127
No. Politicians and big business won't allow it - not in their interest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Keynesian Dead End