or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do women really judge men by the shoes men wear?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do women really judge men by the shoes men wear? - Page 3

post #31 of 200
About the only time I draw comment from women on my shoes is if I'm wearing spectators or white bucks. Otherwise they pass ignored. Maybe that's because they are mostly A-Es. Maybe if I had EGs or JLPs I'd get more favorable comments. Kinda doubt it, though.
post #32 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLibourel View Post
About the only time I draw comment from women on my shoes is if I'm wearing spectators or white bucks. Otherwise they pass ignored. Maybe that's because they are mostly A-Es. Maybe if I had EGs or JLPs I'd get more favorable comments. Kinda doubt it, though.

Yup. No one really cares about dressing nice. I've long admitted to myself that I do it only as a hobby, to add extra meaning to my life, extra bit of fun and something to care about. Otherwise, nobody gives a damn, even if you draw compliments.

Oh, and classical music > rap.
post #33 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Yup. No one really cares about dressing nice. I've long admitted to myself that I do it only as a hobby, to add extra meaning to my life, extra bit of fun and something to care about. Otherwise, nobody gives a damn, even if you draw compliments.

Oh, and classical music > rap.

So wrong on both counts. Lots of people care about dressing nicely, you just haven't met them yet.

And no one gets to make blanket statements about genres until they are exhaustively familiar with both genres. Especially with classical music, I don't listen to people's opinions on a given composer unless they have experience with composition themselves... it's easy to write big swells of strings and make people feel swept away, it's much harder to do it in an interesting way a la Samuel Barber's Agnus Dei. It's easy to talk shit on rap until you've spent time in the actual scene, gone to battles (or been in one yourself), and experienced the genre from multiple angles.

I should stop getting so worked up about music, but people should also stop saying stupid shit.
post #34 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
In my experience, it is the other way around.

+1
post #35 of 200
They pay more attention to my neckwear than my shoes.
post #36 of 200
Go out. Meet some girls. If you're lucky they'll bite. Women notice everything. The question is do they care? Shoes are one of those things that send out messages. Clean well cared for tends to send the message of not being a leach. Dirty ruff boots sends the rough message. Bad boy. Crappy shoes send the message you don't care. Never a good thing.
post #37 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
Shoes are one of those things that send out messages. Clean well cared for tends to send the message of not being a leach.....
Yes and interestingly it's the opposite for women.
post #38 of 200
Actually, I think that my shoes are one of my dress items that women tend to comment most. More than once I have received compliments on my shoes, and with the added comment that most guys wear horrible shoes.
A female colleague of mine also mentioned that the CEO at the company we worked for, always wore nice suits but horribly ugly and, sometimes, dirty loafers.
post #39 of 200
I went up to my wife's office Tuesday night before we went to a fundraiser, and one of her female colleagues that I was introduced to said, "It's nice to meet you. I really like your shoes; I noticed them from across the room." I replied, "Nice to meet you, too. Are my shoes really that bright?" (I was wearing AE Strands in walnut with a light grey pinstripe suit.)
post #40 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post
They pay more attention to my neckwear than my shoes.

I'm not sure what you mean?
post #41 of 200
Guys who say women don't look at their shoes usually have shoes that aren't worth a look.
post #42 of 200
In my experience women definitely notice and compliment shoes, whether they judge you on your footwear I can't say.
post #43 of 200
They may look, but most women know fuck all about men's shoes.
post #44 of 200
They only look at shoes to check your foot size in order to gauge the dimensions of another part of your body.

Fact of Life. You could wear a size 6E Edward Green but she will always go for the man with a size 14EEE Allen Edmonds.
post #45 of 200
I'm not sure that the number of comments you receive is a good indicator of how much women care. I mean, how often do you comment on the shoes women wear? I always notice -- together with the handbag, shoes are the surest indicator of class -- but I don't always comment on them because that is usually not appropriate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do women really judge men by the shoes men wear?