or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Swap-Box Idea
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tie Swap-Box Idea - Page 10

post #136 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

I think if people want to add Pocket Squares, please, go for that too.

If the tie gods grace me nicely, I will reciprocate with some action.
post #137 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

^^I'm back to work, you might have to get it from me. Looks like I'll have A Lot of less free time angry.gif
glad you have a new position. where are you working in the city? midtown? we'll work it out smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

If the tie gods grace me nicely, I will reciprocate with some action.

I think you are sending to me next, so be kind =)
post #138 of 915
I am on Ward's Island, with weekend shifts baldy[1].gif
post #139 of 915
I am getting excited.
I pledge to not keep the box of ties for more than three days.
I pledge to replace ties with similar or better quality.
I pledge to replace the same number or greater number of ties than I take.

We'll see how this goes, but I don't seen any reason why this can not go a couple of rounds.
post #140 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I am on Ward's Island, with weekend shifts baldy[1].gif
glad you are doing something you love. we'll figure out a way to make it happen =) the doormen are there 24-7, faster and easier than mailing. and once you are done, there is a post office a few blocks away, you can just drop it off. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ward's Island? Seriously? foo.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post

I am getting excited.
I pledge to not keep the box of ties for more than three days.
I pledge to replace ties with similar or better quality.
I pledge to replace the same number or greater number of ties than I take.
We'll see how this goes, but I don't seen any reason why this can not go a couple of rounds.

absolutely. let's make it happen.
post #141 of 915
Here's the list. I've added each persons state/province so you can see the way it flows through the geography.

LEVOOSH > Ontario
Spoo > NY
ThinkDerm > NY
gyasih > NY
NORE > NY
contactme_11 > MA
porcelain monkey > MA
DerekS > TN
Landshark > TX
steveoly > NE
ChetBakerSings > UT
iamatlas > CA
IrateCustomer > CA
imhoff > AZ
potemkin_city_limits > Back to Ontario for...

ROUND TWO!

I finished up with potemkin as he is in Canada, and so very close to the seed location beginning round two! If you guys are okay with it, we can even do round two in Fantasy Football draft style where after coming full circle we do it again in reverse order. Let me know what you think.

Also, if we all keep it for three days, and add a couple days for shipping, this first round will be done in 75 days. Not a bad turn-around guys, so let's keep this rolling!

Irate
post #142 of 915
If you're doing a Round Two, dibs on the first open spot, since apparently I'm chopped liver unworthy of consideration. ffffuuuu.gif
post #143 of 915
I expect to hold onto the box for less than 24 hrs.
post #144 of 915
Going in reverse snake for Round 2 will allow everyone to repay the generosity of the person who sent them box in Round 1 or to send the guy a turd sandwich if you got a puke brown Kenneth Cole - it incentivises (Sp?) keeping the guy in front of you happy.
post #145 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

I expect to hold onto the box for less than 24 hrs.

same here. ill get it one day, and ship it the next unless im too busy fucking strippers and models on a pile of hundos.

so yeah, it will get out the next day. teacha.gif
post #146 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

same here. ill get it one day, and ship it the next unless im too busy fucking strippers and models on a pile of hundos.
so yeah, it will get out the next day. teacha.gif

Does your new wife know about this.... and by this, I am referring to the stack of hundos.

Also, if you do not like any of the strippers/models, please throw them into the box as well. But remember, AIR HOLES! Cannot stress this enough...last stripper/model swap box was a disaster.
post #147 of 915
I plan to have the box for no more than 24hrs. We could seriously have this wrapped up in a month or less.

As a matter of fact the NY guys should just have a meet.
post #148 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Does your new wife know about this.... and by this, I am referring to the stack of hundos.
Also, if you do not like any of the strippers/models, please throw them into the box as well. But remember, AIR HOLES! Cannot stress this enough...last stripper/model swap box was a disaster.

read closer. no moar strippers or models and the stack of hundos is safely invested in an IRA and not being spent on cocaine and strippers.

but if i find some, ill pack em up.
post #149 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Based on the current list I'm good with the honor system. Just don't be holding on to the box for a week. plain.gif
I may snap a pic when I get it, just for kicks.
+1, it's sort of overkill to have spreadsheets and constant pictures. What I'd recommend is the honor system ... just drop in stuff that's good (use your judgement) but that you personally just don't want but assume someone else might and take something reasonable in return, ideally adding more value (number, quality, etc) than you take. Constant pics, spreadsheets, etc takes away from the surprise and it's a bit controling. Also, sometimes it's better for people not to see what's there, then develop the hope that they'll take that one, and it's gone when the box arrives...


Pictures idea - Instead of pics of the box contents... how about if you take a tie and wear it, take a pic for the WAYWT thread and then the person who put it in can comment or whatever. Also, if you add a link to the swap box thread, might also get people lining up for round 2... just based on the fragrance version, round 1 was meh, round two was much better, and #3's going really well. More people, better idea of what's expected, and better seed.

Round two - based on the frag version, whoever was the last person or original seeder, they can just hang onto the box for a few months and add more over time and then organize another round. Ideally someone who goes through a lot of ties.

another idea here in terms of 'fair compensation' - for those who maybe don't have as much to contribute, they could easily go out and pick up a few ties locally or put $20-30 per tie taken into a 'shipping fund' to pay for later shipping costs as the box gets heavier.

Question - Are you guys rolling up the ties and lying on their sides or laying flat or what? I'm imagining a bunch of ties sloshing around...
post #150 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

+1, it's sort of overkill to have spreadsheets and constant pictures. What I'd recommend is the honor system ... just drop in stuff that's good (use your judgement) but that you personally just don't want but assume someone else might and take something reasonable in return, ideally adding more value (number, quality, etc) than you take. Constant pics, spreadsheets, etc takes away from the surprise and it's a bit controling. Also, sometimes it's better for people not to see what's there, then develop the hope that they'll take that one, and it's gone when the box arrives...
Pictures idea - Instead of pics of the box contents... how about if you take a tie and wear it, take a pic for the WAYWT thread and then the person who put it in can comment or whatever. Also, if you add a link to the swap box thread, might also get people lining up for round 2... just based on the fragrance version, round 1 was meh, round two was much better, and #3's going really well. More people, better idea of what's expected, and better seed.
Round two - based on the frag version, whoever was the last person or original seeder, they can just hang onto the box for a few months and add more over time and then organize another round. Ideally someone who goes through a lot of ties.
another idea here in terms of 'fair compensation' - for those who maybe don't have as much to contribute, they could easily go out and pick up a few ties locally or put $20-30 per tie taken into a 'shipping fund' to pay for later shipping costs as the box gets heavier.
Question - Are you guys rolling up the ties and lying on their sides or laying flat or what? I'm imagining a bunch of ties sloshing around...

Lots of good stuff in this post, thanks MC. I have a few tie boxes I'll be rolling the ties up and putting them in there. We hadn't really discussed a standard packing methodology, I think we're just assuming common sense here. Round two will be cool, and I have a couple of guys on that list already. If it gets too crazy to keep organized, I'm thinking two groups going at once would be pretty fun. One huge group would add an element of time to this as well. Taking too long between arrivals can cause a bit of complacency, but I can see how the "absence make the tie rack grow fonder" affect can occur. I guess we'll just have to see how this goes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Swap-Box Idea