or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hamilton Khaki Field Watch: Appropriate for Business Casual?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hamilton Khaki Field Watch: Appropriate for Business Casual?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Or is this military-styled watch (whether bracelet or leather band) too casual-looking? When I say business casual, it's on the conservative side. This includes anything other than a suit... so chinos and dress shirt or sports coat and tie, and so on.

One example:



I believe it's not sold in US though. I could get that same watch in black or a slightly different style in white:




What do you guys think in terms of when this watch is appropriate?
post #2 of 27
unless you work at timex I can't imagine when either version would not be fine
post #3 of 27
I think the Hamilton Khaki is sort of like the Land Rover of watches - it's classless and timeless, appropriate for almost any setting. Change the band out occasionally to dress it up or down and I can see it working anywhere. But I'm not as much of a watch person as some.
post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqfunk View Post
unless you work at timex I can't imagine when either version would not be fine

This^^^
post #5 of 27
The Hamilton pictured in the top photo looks great. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
post #6 of 27
GFI, especially the white face.

They look great. And any watch fan you run into will know the care you took in choosing a quality timepiece.
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngScholar View Post
The Hamilton pictured in the top photo looks great. I don't see why it wouldn't work.
I agree with this, it looks fine for business casual or social events.
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I think the Hamilton Khaki is sort of like the Land Rover of watches - it's classless and timeless, appropriate for almost any setting. Change the band out occasionally to dress it up or down and I can see it working anywhere. But I'm not as much of a watch person as some.

Did you mean classless or classic? And isn't timeless a bad thing when it comes to watches? Back to the OP's question: with the right leather or lizard band, I would have no problem wearing that with a suit, let alone business casual.
post #9 of 27
Yeah, certainly fine.

If you want to be completely appropriate it would be too sporty for business professional, but thats not a rule many fallow these days.
post #10 of 27
A watch with a black face and brown band should not be welcome in any office.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
Did you mean classless or classic? And isn't timeless a bad thing when it comes to watches? Back to the OP's question: with the right leather or lizard band, I would have no problem wearing that with a suit, let alone business casual.

Classless as in: it's as suitable for the Queen to drive a Land Rover as it is for the stable boy.
post #12 of 27
I think it looks great, you could probably get away with wearing it with a suit; most people wear big chunky chronographs with suits anyway.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Classless as in: it's as suitable for the Queen to drive a Land Rover as it is for the stable boy.

2 people divided by a common language. In the US, classless has the connotation of something vulgar and lacking taste.Classy is a positive, classless a negative.
post #14 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone. It seems it would be appropriate for what I want it for. I understand it probably isn't good for a suit, so I won't wear it at those times. Even if some people do decide to go too sporty with their watch choice when wearing a suit, I'd rather not.
post #15 of 27
Great looking watch!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Hamilton Khaki Field Watch: Appropriate for Business Casual?