or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes: I wear a 10D, will a 10.5B give me problems?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoes: I wear a 10D, will a 10.5B give me problems?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I was at an Off 5th today, and saw something I coudn't resist: A pair of grainy brown leather Ferragamo split toe lace ups, originally priced at $420, selling at the Ferragamo store for $299, and on the Saks discount rack for $114. I am usually a 10D, once in a while a 9.5D. These were a 10.5B. Width-wise, they fit every part of my foot perfectly. However, they are about 1/4 in. too long, which feels a tiny bit weird to walk on. However, they are snug around the rest of my foot. Will I have any kinds of problems as far as comfort or really bad wear on the shoes? The latter matters very little, as they were a steal (and had just a few minor scratches on the heel, as though they'd been tried once or twice). They will go very well with both my navy and gray suits, and I find them very smart looking, especially knowing I paid 1/3 of what most did for them .
post #2 of 14
It doesn't sound like a bad fit and given you like the shoe and the price it would seem to be worth it. If they don't work out, you can sell them on ebay.
post #3 of 14
I would say given what you paid for them I don't see how you can go wrong. A shoe a bit too long has never been a problem for me. I have worn shoes from a 9 1/2 EE to a 13 AA. Save for the fact that longer shoes look funky it still wears the same.
post #4 of 14
not bad. sounds like it ISN'T a bad fit. though you could try putting in an insert to see if it feels better.
post #5 of 14
It should work OK. I have a pair of ferragamos that are a 12C and I wear a 10.5-11D/E and it fits great except for their being extra room, which isn't much of an issue.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe-nut
I would say given what you paid for them I don't see how you can go wrong. A shoe a bit too long has never been a problem for me. I have worn shoes from a 9 1/2 EE to a 13 AA. Save for the fact that longer shoes look funky it still wears the same.

Are you kidding! I'm serious. I'm amazed that you could wear a range of sizes that great! What is your ideal size? Let's say in a standard shoe like an AE Park Ave.?
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys. As a matter of fact, I'd been to the Allen Edmonds and Tods outlets at the same mall today, and found nothing great at AE (I'm not in love with their style, despite the quality) and found a beautiful pair at Tods, at a decent price ($220 off of $520), but they didn't have my size. And to think I almost went home before a secont walk through Saks. . .
post #8 of 14
If you're still concerned about the fit, a tongue pad can be very useful in a shoe that's too long.
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Are you kidding! I'm serious. I'm amazed that you could wear a range of sizes that great! What is your ideal size? Let's say in a standard shoe like an AE Park Ave.?
My standard size is an 11 and yes I am not kidding. I don't pay much attention to size if the shoe in front of me is vintage and I can wear it I'll buy it. But I have toned it down a bit though as shoes two sizes bigger have other problems to contend with. My attitude now is the best fit possible. One should never chain himself into one size though as many styles dictate some adjustment in size to get that best fit.
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Update: I wore the shoes today (first day at a new job) and they were perfect, they fit even better than most of my 10s!
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
Update: I wore the shoes today (first day at a new job) and they were perfect, they fit even better than most of my 10s!

Nice. Now, you owe us some pics of the footwear in question
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Nice. Now, you owe us some pics of the footwear in question


Taken with my phone, so not the best, but here you are, hope they are "approved" .

Attachment 799

Attachment 800

Do you think with the type of leather (not smooth, sort of grainy) they are dressy enough for a suit?
LL
LL
post #13 of 14
With the right aplomb, you could pull pebble-grained shoes off with a suit, but when it comes to strict rule application, it's a little shaky.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRocks
With the right aplomb, you could pull pebble-grained shoes off with a suit, but when it comes to strict rule application, it's a little shaky.


I've worn them with an navy suit and matching belt already. Keep in mind, also, that I work in SoCal, not NYC, so I feel that casual elements to dressy outfits are almost encouraged.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoes: I wear a 10D, will a 10.5B give me problems?