or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How Critical Are Others of Your Style?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Critical Are Others of Your Style? - Page 13

post #181 of 250
My fashionably clueless good friend has upgraded from calling me a "construction worker" to "Double R-L", after his visit to the RRL store on Melrose.

So I wore my Wings + Horns Cowichan Sweater Vest (the pattrened one, not a solid color) to a bar and end up making out with this girl I met. Later that night she mentioned, "I like guys with a sense of humor. And if you can wear this (points to vest) and take yourself seriously, then I know you have a sense of humor"
post #182 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter View Post
My fashionably clueless good friend has upgraded from calling me a "construction worker" to "Double R-L", after his visit to the RRL store on Melrose.

So I wore my Wings + Horns Cowichan Sweater Vest (the pattrened one, not a solid color) to a bar and end up making out with this girl I met. Later that night she mentioned, "I like guys with a sense of humor. And if you can wear this (points to vest) and take yourself seriously, then I know you have a sense of humor"

lmao fucking owned
post #183 of 250
Story I just remembered -
Back in my UCLA days I was bar hopping wearing APC New Standards. Some girls fitted in USC gear approached me and said, "I didn't know the men at UCLA dressed like girls!", pointed to my jeans, giggled/scoffed, and left. The interaction was reminiscent of an early 90s teen comedy.
It was like she was trying to ignite some kind of rivalry while making fun of my clothes. Lucky for her I don't have any school spirit.

Bitches be wearin' ill-fitting school gear to bars. How you gonna find a husband that way?

Sad thing is, I don't think it matters what the girls wear...they'll get hit on regardless (if they are at least somewhat attractive...or not. Guys can be pretty desparate sometimes)
post #184 of 250
i usually wink and blow a kiss at guys who call me fags or whatever, usually scares them off
post #185 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i usually wink and blow a kiss at guys who call me fags or whatever, usually scares them off

LOL sure they will.
post #186 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i usually wink and blow a kiss at guys who call me fags or whatever, usually scares them off


What if this backfires?
post #187 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by obesitykills View Post
What if this backfires?

you have to be more clear; this could backfire in a near infinite amount of ways
post #188 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i usually wink and blow a kiss at guys who call me fags or whatever, usually scares them off

My buddy blew a kiss at 3 dudes when they were leaving denny's post bar at about 3 am, and it caused brawl . . . so I'm not sure that's the best way to go about it.
post #189 of 250
rarely. I dress slightly better than my friends, IMO
post #190 of 250
About the worst thing I hear is the ever famous what are you so dressed up for question.

Then again the lack of derogatory comments might have something to do with the fact that everyone knows I carry a gun.
post #191 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
Then again the lack of derogatory comments might have something to do with the fact that everyone knows I carry a gun.

This. unfortuantly my girlfriend is the "gun nut" in our relationship. She has a really tiny gun she puts in her purse sometimes...it also fits neatly into the Hermes boots i bought her.

writing that down makes the situation sound alot hotter than it actually is. Having an overly emotional girlfriend who carries guns on her can be harrowing sometimes.
post #192 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinogj View Post
This. unfortuantly my girlfriend is the "gun nut" in our relationship. She has a really tiny gun she puts in her purse sometimes...it also fits neatly into the Hermes boots i bought her.

writing that down makes the situation sound alot hotter than it actually is. Having an overly emotional girlfriend who carries guns on her can be harrowing sometimes.

Something like this? I have one and they are cool little guns. Most of the time I carry a customized 380 or one of these.
post #193 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinogj View Post
This. unfortuantly my girlfriend is the "gun nut" in our relationship. She has a really tiny gun she puts in her purse sometimes...it also fits neatly into the Hermes boots i bought her.

writing that down makes the situation sound alot hotter than it actually is. Having an overly emotional girlfriend who carries guns on her can be harrowing sometimes.

It's reading things like this that make me very glad I live in Canada. I have had bottles thrown at my head and been slapped by a gf, but never head to deal with her packing heat, thank god.
post #194 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityHunter View Post
Story I just remembered -
Some girls fitted in USC gear approached me and said, "I didn't know the men at UCLA dressed like girls!", pointed to my jeans, giggled/scoffed, and left.

this actually sounds like she was just shit testing you. she was probably into you. just saying
post #195 of 250
I always get shit for going sockless, but I'm still in high school.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How Critical Are Others of Your Style?