or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How Critical Are Others of Your Style?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Critical Are Others of Your Style? - Page 12

post #166 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
You sound like one of those guys who gets paid to write for a niche interest blog/magazine/whatever, so you never had to develop beyond your comfortable self image (and writing style). Honestly, "fuck you" is a better comeback than 90% of everything, especially when you're saying it to someone you don't know. It shows that you disrespect them, but also that you don't care too much about them. Then again, Jet sounds like a Barney's showroom salesperson with Tourette's and Wernicke's Aphasia, so I mean whatever.
Those two things are completely unrelated???? I also don't know how you could work and / or communicate with word salad...
post #167 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
the dream was just a picture slowly zooming in on his crotch right

He was trying to get me into swinging (0)
post #168 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
it doesn't cost much money at all to not look like shit, they're just too fucking lazy to care
Ehhh nah I think it's cause they have more important shit on their mind

Really how important is it that clothes are of immaculate quality and near-tailored fit

When you really put that in perspective the whole thing is kind of vain and silly

I live in NYC and I try to stay out of Soho to avoid ridicule. Most of my friends say I'm a good dresser. I think I hit my stride back in 2006-07 though. I am looking to recapture my wave.
post #169 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
You sound like one of those guys who gets paid to write for a niche interest blog/magazine/whatever, so you never had to develop beyond your comfortable self image (and writing style). Honestly, "fuck you" is a better comeback than 90% of everything, especially when you're saying it to someone you don't know.
None of that is even close to accurate.

If the witty comeback was good enough for Winston Churchill, it's good enough for me: "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

I can't believe that on a forum about style, someone is advocating the use of "fuck you" ahead of an actual witticism. Panache should extend beyond just the things you wear; it should include the way you speak as well. This is why some of the greatest wits of all time have enjoyed trading insults with people.

More importantly, who puts up with insults from people they don't know?
post #170 of 250
I've only gotten honest criticism from my friends when I look a bit silly. Only compliments from strangers as far as I can remember, except maybe a "you don't look like a metal/punk fan" once or twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-rock View Post
I do love lobbing a good hobo insult. "I say, dear boy, did you barter those trousers from a hobo?!"
this would be the best comeback.
post #171 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vegas View Post
I can't believe that on a forum about style, someone is advocating the use of "fuck you" ahead of an actual witticism. Panache should extend beyond just the things you wear; it should include the way you speak as well. This is why some of the greatest wits of all time have enjoyed trading insults with people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vegas View Post
I'll reply with something like "Oh, so I suppose I should dress like the mannequin from *insert whatever store they look like they shop at* instead?" or "Heaven forbid somebody should have class... Maybe I should trade my clothes with a hobo like you did."
This is not at all witty.
post #172 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
This is not at all witty.
That's a matter of opinion, but it's certainly wittier than "fuck you"...
post #173 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vegas View Post
That's a matter of opinion, but it's certainly wittier than "fuck you"...

nope, you sound like a douche, actually.
post #174 of 250
Well, if you really want to make them feel inadequate and burn a bridge, look them up and down slowly, give them a judging look, roll your eyes, snort then walk away. Even better is muttering "jersey" under your breath as you slowly shake your head as you walk away.
post #175 of 250
Vinnie looks and sounds like a MC'er.
post #176 of 250
Seattle is pretty easy to get on with and I don't dress like a ninja or anything too crazy. The only time I ever get guff is when I wear these short shorts that hit mid-thigh. Jesus Christ evvvvvvvvvvvvvverybody feels the need to comment.
post #177 of 250
i can just picture all these "witty comebacks" being said with that generic gay guy voice and a lisp
post #178 of 250
Careful with these witty comebacks or the recipient may never recover from those daggers.
post #179 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Vegas View Post
None of that is even close to accurate.

If the witty comeback was good enough for Winston Churchill, it's good enough for me: "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

I can't believe that on a forum about style, someone is advocating the use of "fuck you" ahead of an actual witticism. Panache should extend beyond just the things you wear; it should include the way you speak as well. This is why some of the greatest wits of all time have enjoyed trading insults with people.

More importantly, who puts up with insults from people they don't know?

fuck you
post #180 of 250
anyone who gets negative comments for wearing skinny or slim jeans must live in a bunk ass town
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › How Critical Are Others of Your Style?