or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Let's talk about "pull".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's talk about "pull". - Page 11

post #151 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
Could be...but since it's a vintage suit displayed for, presumably, technical and/or historical study, I would've thought it more likely that it's displayed 'as is'. It's not exactly a GQ cover-shoot.

Actually, that's not a vintage suit, but rather one of many extraordinarily well-executed replicas by a Japanese tailor as featured on this (unfortunately Japanese language) site:

http://www.the30sstyle.com/
post #152 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk View Post
Actually, that's not a vintage suit, but rather one of many extraordinarily well-executed replicas by a Japanese tailor as featured on this (unfortunately Japanese language) site:

http://www.the30sstyle.com/

Ah, tailorgod had said it was 'an original 30's suit'. Still, if it's being shown to show the technical skill of the tailor, as well as his attention to historical accuracy, then it's still unlikely to be pinned.
post #153 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
Ah, tailorgod had said it was 'an original 30's suit'. Still, if it's being shown to show the technical skill of the tailor, as well as his attention to historical accuracy, then it's still unlikely to be pinned.

To the contrary, it's likely that the suit was tailored to that very mannequin.
post #154 of 197
I would be interested to see what such a suit looks like on a person. On the form, it looks absurd.
post #155 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb0109 View Post
I would be interested to see what such a suit looks like on a person. On the form, it looks absurd.

yeah, hence my hypothesis that it was pinned -- done all the time.
post #156 of 197
Thread Starter 
Let's continue to discuss pull...

post #157 of 197
If anything at all, that is "push"!
Try harder!
post #158 of 197
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailorgod View Post
If anything at all, that is "push"!
Try harder!

If I tried any harder, I'd be posting pr0n. Let's try to avoid getting each other fired, shall we? Hehe.
post #159 of 197
Go on then, let me see you get fired
post #160 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailorgod View Post
The reason why I don't like a waterfall sleeve on a business suit is the same why I don't like a drape cut on it: It gives the appearance of (what's the term again, ah yes) "relaxed fit"!
And that clearly belongs into the realms of leisure wear.

Imagine yourself in a board meeting. The numbers of your department aren't that great.

Do you want to sit there in one of those soft sloppy wide cut shoulder and chest coats with a waterfall sleeve whispering:

"Whatever, dude!"

Hell, no!

You want to sit there in one of those clean as a whistle coats with straight shoulders, proper sleeve and firm chest that's shouting:

"Bring it on, motherf*ckers! You got nothing on me! Because I am the best"!




Sadly, I have seen this allegory play out too many times. The embattled department head with numbers that aren't too great in his (or increasingly, her) uptight, structured suit facing the board in their softly tailored numbers.

If you are one of these department heads on the way out, take the following act as a bad sign: when one of the board members in his drape suit asks for a martini during your presentation. Don't ask me how I know.


- B
post #161 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull View Post
Let's continue to discuss pull...


Ooops.

Such a sweet, sensible young lady.


- B
post #162 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Sadly, I have seen this allegory play out too many times. The embattled department head with numbers that aren't too great in his (or increasingly, her) uptight, structured suit facing the board in their softly tailored numbers. If you are one of these department heads on the way out, take the following act as a bad sign: when one of the board members in his drape suit asks for a martini during your presentation. Don't ask me how I know. - B
So it's the opposite? Once you wear drape you're sending the signal: "Nothing can touch me, motherf*ckers! You got nothing on me, because I am relaxed!" Interesting!
post #163 of 197
Vox, is a drape suit a requirement when one wants to use martini's as a weapon?
post #164 of 197
Vox got it easy.
Broad chest and a well cut (drape)suit , while others may need this to be noticed in the first place:



Generally speaking!

post #165 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Sadly, I have seen this allegory play out too many times. The embattled department head with numbers that aren't too great in his (or increasingly, her) uptight, structured suit facing the board in their softly tailored numbers.

If you are one of these department heads on the way out, take the following act as a bad sign: when one of the board members in his drape suit asks for a martini during your presentation. Don't ask me how I know.


- B

It's ok, you're wearing a drape suit now. Nobody can ever fire you again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Let's talk about "pull".