or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › This Week's Shoe Damage #13
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This Week's Shoe Damage #13 - Page 2

post #16 of 74
Wow -- some gorgeous shoes! My favorites are the first three:

EG Southwold dark oak 888 last
EG Holcot edwardian 888 last
EG Rye maple 888 last

If forced to choose one, I would select the Southwold.
post #17 of 74
The leather on the Olney is stunning, and will only look better with wear. It and the Sandringham are my favorites.
post #18 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe
aport, you amaze me, but i finally have to ask , since it is so mind blowing (not because the shoes are so gorgeous) , but how do you get these shoes every week?
are you getting these for free or are you purchasing these?
usually i dont ask these nosy questions, but just your sheer number of shoes each week just blows my mind.
incredible.
He buys them.
post #19 of 74


aportnoy has just proven there are addictions far more dangerous than crack & cocaine.
post #20 of 74
That Olney is absolutely perfect. Since my own custom Martegani monk boot proved to be unmakeable after nearly a year's wait, I'm mighty tempted to get a pair for myself.
post #21 of 74
an envyable collection i just love all those 888's i am sooo jealous!! gotta get me back to the uk for a shopping trip!
post #22 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor
My favourites are the EG Rye in maple and the EG Berkeley in dark oak. Is the antiquing on the latter home-made? It's very handsome.

Thanks for the kind words trogdor...all the antiquing is EG factory. I have not touched these (yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Out of curiosity but mostly jealousy, How many total pairs of shoes have you got? in EG/Lobb/etc? SWEET, SWEET shoes, by the way

lee...thanks also for the kind words...I not much of a counter but certainly more than I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
I am curious about your EG last choices. Do you prefer the 888 over the 202 or 606? Is there a particular reason for buying some in the 888 and others in the 202/606 or is it simply a function of what was available in your size durung the sale?

Thanks EL! I am fortunate in that all the EG lasts seem to fit me well. I have to admit that I like all their lasts and think that certain shoes favor certain toe shapes. While I like the Dover on the 888, IMHO the 606 is the classic last for that particualar shoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorshoe
are you getting these for free or are you purchasing these

dior...definitley acquiring them the old fashioned way. Most of these came either through EG MTO or the UK sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
Can't wait to see what is in the works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Do you patronize the bespoke?

LK...Matt alludes to my first bespoke order which I palced with Scafora during his visit to NYC last week. So I have officially taken the plunge.

tbabes, doc and luk-cha...thanks as always for your kind words.
post #23 of 74
WoW, another mindboggling report. Rye, Holcot and Langton are my favorite amongst the bunch. Will maple darken a bit with wear?

Don't be shy, don't hold back, are you sure you didn't leave anything out?
post #24 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Rothbart

Don't be shy, don't hold back, are you sure you didn't leave anything out?

You don't mean those four servings of Hungarian goulash that I had for breakfast?
post #25 of 74
Southwold , Rye, Olney.
I think you are sponsored!
post #26 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
You don't mean those four servings of Hungarian goulash that I had for breakfast?

Andrew, please don't go there. As humans, we just don't have the capacity for that much excitement. Any more pics today heads could explode
post #27 of 74
I have to ask: is the screen name "Aportnoy" actually derived from your name, or is it an allusion to Alexander Portnoy in the Phillip Roth novel?

(Or is it something completely off my first two guesses?)
post #28 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt
I have to ask: is the screen name "Aportnoy" actually derived from your name, or is it an allusion to Alexander Portnoy in the Phillip Roth novel?

(Or is it something completely off my first two guesses?)

I am Andrew Portnoy and our first dog was named Alexander Portnoy.
post #29 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I am Andrew Portnoy and our first dog was named Alexander Portnoy.
LOL!! Now we have to wonder how you decided to name your dog "Alexander Portnoy" I'm assuming you have a great sense of humor!

Anyway, back on topic - your shoe pics, as always, are splendid, and an inspiration - and have started costing me money!
post #30 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt
LOL!! Now we have to wonder how you decided to name your dog "Alexander Portnoy" I'm assuming you have a great sense of humor!

Anyway, back on topic - your shoe pics, as always, are splendid, and an inspiration - and have started costing me money!

Let's just say that he had a certain auto fascination.

Thanks for the kind words on the shoes and please do share your additions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › This Week's Shoe Damage #13