or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Got a ticket, need help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Got a ticket, need help

post #1 of 39
Thread Starter 
Okay so this morning I drove my mom to work at 5 am, when i was coming back I was on the left lane and the light was red so I decided to make a right turn on a red. I crossed lanes in time so that I wasnt making a right turn from the left lane (im not that stupid) I guess i sent the sensor off and it took a picture of me while i was STOPPED. I also wasnt driving my car, its my stepfathers and i know he'll probably put my info down and i'll get the ticket Is there anyway I can fight this ticket since I think i just made the sensor go off because it thought i was still going in a straight line? thanks for your help
post #2 of 39
you probably won't get a ticket.
post #3 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
you probably won't get a ticket.

Why do you say that?
post #4 of 39
Yes, in my experience the stoplight cameras tend to record both your position and your speed (which apparently was "0" in this instance). In other words, if you didn't commit any infractions, all the camera could do was take a picture of you not doing anything wrong.
post #5 of 39
So the entire premise of this thread is wrong, you didn't actually get a ticket, a light just flashed and you assumed you'll get a ticket. Come back when you get the ticket.
post #6 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
Yes, in my experience the stoplight cameras tend to record both your position and your speed (which apparently was "0" in this instance). In other words, if you didn't commit any infractions, all the camera could do was take a picture of you not doing anything wrong.

I have a feeling they'll say I didn't come to a complete stop and nail me for it
post #7 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
So the entire premise of this thread is wrong, you didn't actually get a ticket, a light just flashed and you assumed you'll get a ticket. Come back when you get the ticket.

Well in theory yes, this happened before when my brother was driving my car and I got a ticket in the mail, so I'm assuming that they'll mail it just because they can and try to pin me for it.
post #8 of 39
these things normally take 3 pictures, each time stamped. before the intersection, during and after. in theory people are supposed to look at them before it is sent out. the pictures will show you didn't run the light.
post #9 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
these things normally take 3 pictures, each time stamped. before the intersection, during and after. in theory people are supposed to look at them before it is sent out. the pictures will show you didn't run the light.

There was only one flash.
post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
There was only one flash.

Then you are fucked. I would seriously flee to canada. or get used to buttsex. Or stop whining and wait for the ticket to show up which it probalby wont since you didnt break the law. Then be like every other american (me included) and hire a lawyer to fight it. Maybe you can get your mom, pastor, teacher, GF's dad, and dentist and go to the police station RIGHT NOW on your behelf and get them to waive the ticket. Oh wait, you havent gotten a ticket yet, and a red light camera is a revenue generator in almost every state and doesnt even go on your record.

Christ I hate threads like this. When you kill someone and need legal advice then come back.
post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
Okay so this morning I drove my mom to work at 5 am, when i was coming back I was on the left lane and the light was red so I decided to make a right turn on a red. I crossed lanes in time so that I wasnt making a right turn from the left lane (im not that stupid) I guess i sent the sensor off and it took a picture of me while i was STOPPED. I also wasnt driving my car, its my stepfathers and i know he'll probably put my info down and i'll get the ticket Is there anyway I can fight this ticket since I think i just made the sensor go off because it thought i was still going in a straight line? thanks for your help

I doubt you would get the ticket for this. If anything, your step-father would, then he could contest the ticket and if the photo really did show your face in the driver's seat he might beat the case. There's no reason for your name to be brought up at all.
post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
There was only one flash.

That's normal. But either you were stopped or you weren't. The camera can't take a picture of something that didn't happen. Nothing you can do about it now, anyway, so why not just wait and see what, if anything, arrives in the mail?
post #13 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
I doubt you would get the ticket for this. If anything, your step-father would, then he could contest the ticket and if the photo really did show your face in the driver's seat he might beat the case. There's no reason for your name to be brought up at all.

Well, my mom and stepfather are getting divorced and he does not like me so he probably will
post #14 of 39
Sounds to me like you have bigger issues than this ticket.
post #15 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
Well, my mom and stepfather are getting divorced and he does not like me so he probably will

well, yeah, duh. this is your fault if you get a ticket. even if it was your true father , would you expect someone else to pay for your follies?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Got a ticket, need help