or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › spanish shoe brands
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

spanish shoe brands - Page 2

post #16 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia" View Post
Mezlan is Italian...

No it isn't.
post #17 of 217
i scored some barrats burgundy 2 eyelet derbies at lane crawford a few holidays back. can never figure out how to polish them. they look worse and worse as i shine them. i'm using saphir burgundy. they also look worse when you put them on shoe trees, like they crease so much wtf. so i took them out of the wooden spring loaded ones and put them in plastic ones i use for travel. they have a nice soft chisel though and the leather is probably really delicate.
post #18 of 217
Carmina offers some great shell shoes.
post #19 of 217
Carmina are extremely well made with a beautifully waisted sole on the one pair I own. I'd say my super soft black calf pair comfortably match C & J benchgrade at least & are close to handgrade IMHO.

Campers for ultra comfortable casual wear ( throw away when soles get worn down without crying over the expense).
post #20 of 217
I know Mezlan doesn't get a lot of love on this forum, but I have several pair of Mezlan shoes in exotic skins and I really enjoy them. I don't wear them often, so i don't expect to get a lot of miles on them, but they are well-made, attractive and comfortable. I probably get more compliments with them than with any of my other (Alden, AE, C&J, etc.) shoes.
post #21 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyBob View Post
I know Mezlan doesn't get a lot of love on this forum, but I have several pair of Mezlan shoes in exotic skins and I really enjoy them. I don't wear them often, so i don't expect to get a lot of miles on them, but they are well-made, attractive and comfortable. I probably get more compliments with them than with any of my other (Alden, AE, C&J, etc.) shoes.

I also have several pairs of their exotics skins, love them!
post #22 of 217
So appart from Meermin are there any other good makers comming out of Spain in the last few years? I'm going there on holidays and I would like to indulge in the local product.
post #23 of 217
Yanko, Lottusse, Barrats, John Spencer,Pertini, Cordwainer. George's, Sendra shoemaker. All these manufacture goodyear.

Magnanni, Tallsem, Crowhill, premier club, calce.: blake or sachetto,
post #24 of 217

To update the thread and after some research on the field in Spain, here comes my list:

 

GYW cons.

 

1.-Carmina

2.-Meermin LM, Berwick LP (JR soles), Yanko, Lotusse.

3.-Meermin LC, Berwick GYL.

4.-Bow Tie 

 

Norman Vilalta has a new RTW line from 2014.

 

Blake cons

 

1.-Magnanni (most production overseas).

2.-Tallsem (great desings only on line))

 

 

Bologna cons

 

1.-Magnanni.

 

Blake Rapid cons

 

1.-Vidal Fernandez.

 

HW cons

 

1.-Enrile in Sevilla.  

 

Bespoke

 

Norman Vilalta (Palma Mallorca-Barcelona)

 

Ramón Cuberta (Barcelona).

 

Others manufacturers: Andres Sendra, Crownhill, Calce, Manuel Gomez Artesanos.

post #25 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

To update the thread and after some research on the field in Spain, here comes my list:

 

GYW cons.

 

1.-Carmina

2.-Meermin LM, Berwick LP (JR soles), Yanko, Lotusse.

3.-Meermin LC, Berwick GYL.

4.-Bow Tie 

 

Norman Vilalta has a new RTW line from 2014.

 

Blake cons

 

1.-Magnanni (most production overseas).

2.-Tallsem (great desings only on line))

 

 

Bologna cons

 

1.-Magnanni.

 

Blake Rapid cons

 

1.-Vidal Fernandez.

 

HW cons

 

1.-Enrile in Sevilla.  

 

Bespoke

 

Norman Vilalta (Palma Mallorca-Barcelona)

 

Ramón Cuberta (Barcelona).

 

Others manufacturers: Andres Sendra, Crownhill, Calce, Manuel Gomez Artesanos.

Very good information,thank you for share!

post #26 of 217

Norman Vilalta is not in Palma de Mallorca anymore. Just in Barcelona. But you can find his shoes in Madrid (JUST ONE) and at Unión Suiza (Barcelona; special collection for them). 

 

His shoes are really great, but not cheap at all (his leathers are awesome and he finishes the shoes and makes the patinas himself, so I guess you pay for what you are asking) . For something more afordable and still good quality, Carmina.

 

In Spain, for Bespoke I would go for him or, if just want a simple, more classic shoe, for Enriles. Ramón Cuberta is.... well, he hasn´t too much experience and it results clearly from his shoes.

post #27 of 217

Villalta, those are ugly shoes as all what the blogger shill the Aristocrata features, after those pay him several grand or do freebies.

 

Absolutely can´t be compared with real Neapolitan or Bologne shoes. I can´t believe some pays 2000e for such ugly stuff while can get the real stuff on Italy by the half or way less.

post #28 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post
 

Villalta, those are ugly shoes as all what the blogger shill the Aristocrata features, after those pay him several grand or do freebies.

 

Absolutely can´t be compared with real Neapolitan or Bologne shoes. I can´t believe some pays 2000e for such ugly stuff while can get the real stuff on Italy by the half or way less.

 

You do not know anything about what you are talking about and it shows no respect at all. Absolutely!!.

post #29 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapasman View Post
 

 

You do not know anything about what you are talking about and it shows no respect at all. Absolutely!!.

 

 Everyone knows I am a pro of the high tailoring business in Naples,  surrounded daily by simply the best grandmasters of the world ( The ones that aristocrata says the Madrid poor ones, those who allegedly pay him for fake hyped reviews, or the ones he charges 100e per hour on their shops to clients for " lessons" are over them or over Savile Row, beat that narcissistic fake sentence) and curiously, my grandfather did from scratch what was the biggest women shoe factory in Spain, since1915, with close to 1 thousand workers on the golden age, so sorry to say, i am not the one who lacks of knowledge about.

 

Also, i was invited time ago and of course denied it by phone, of that " aristocrata" of being part of his shill business where he gets fresh cash out of fooling people on his " elegant club"( where no ones dresses properly starting by him)  or where he says he doesn´t wants any money, but just cashing 200 e yearly per member, he does 10.000 tax free yearly plus the free cash of the shilled commisions of the iv class tailors he invites to the shows i declined to partipate for basic honour and dignity.

 

Curiously, my signature was impersonated by who seems your friend, wonder who is totally blacklisted on Italy by saying, Madrid (un)tailors do beat Naples and who is the official buffon of the industry he does not belong to, or that on one of the best tailoring houses, printed t-shirts with his face and one of his usual aberration suits by his untailors with the sentence, i beat Naples, wore daily by literally, the best tailors in the world? Bingo

 

So sorry to say again, open your eyes and stop reading those awful social dangerous blogs i denunce from the industry  inside those do not belong to ( or ever will). If you don´t like the truth, at least got a bit of humildtly to reckon it.

 

Last thing by those " tailors" as Langa, to now one of my clients, he commisioned a hand made bespoke shirt, got a machine made awful fitted one. 

 

Who is fooling their readers now and who shows no respect at all?  

 

I am sorry but you have seen selfhumillated. Since my first ever post, i help people to do not get fooled by this bloggers who got no idea about tailoring and just fool people  as sorry to say, seems your case.

 

Just open your eyes, and avoid reading those awful blogs written by total ignorants, fashion victims and so on,  as is his book plenty of historical issues and technical nonsense, as on the Stroller garment is, or where per example he says the other nonsense thing ( among others) of saying a blue suit is unrecommended for blondes.

 

I am blond and almost all my suits are blue.

 

My two cents. 

 

Now, rate this ugly monstruosity commisioned by him to Villalta( i pass to comment on the Ronald McDonald unapropiate socks)and compare to a real shoe from Naples or Bologne, who as i said, do not cost 2000euros as this aberration( who also seems a 20e Spanish mall rtw shoe) but on some cases, 3 times less, who do you say got no idea about? If i email this to  per example, my friend Silvano Lattanzi, the laughs are going to sound even on Mars.

 


Edited by SartodiNapoli - 8/3/15 at 7:24pm
post #30 of 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post
 

 

 Everyone knows I am a pro of the high tailoring business in Naples,  surrounded daily by simply the best grandmasters of the world ( The ones that aristocrata says the Madrid poor ones, those who allegedly pay him for fake hyped reviews, or the ones he charges 100e per hour on their shops to clients for " lessons" are over them or over Savile Row, beat that narcissistic fake sentence) and curiously, my grandfather did from scratch what was the biggest women shoe factory in Spain, since1915, with close to 1 thousand workers on the golden age, so sorry to say, i am not the one who lacks of knowledge about.

 

Also, i was invited time ago and of course denied it by phone, of that " aristocrata" of being part of his shill business where he gets fresh cash out of fooling people on his " elegant club"( where no ones dresses properly starting by him)  or where he says he doesn´t wants any money, but just cashing 200 e yearly per member, he does 10.000 tax free yearly plus the free cash of the shilled commisions of the iv class tailors he invites to the shows i declined to partipate for basic honour and dignity.

 

Curiously, my signature was impersonated by who seems your friend, wonder who is totally blacklisted on Italy by saying, Madrid (un)tailors do beat Naples and who is the official buffon of the industry he does not belong to, or that on one of the best tailoring houses, printed t-shirts with his face and one of his usual aberration suits by his untailors with the sentence, i beat Naples, wore daily by literally, the best tailors in the world? Bingo

 

So sorry to say again, open your eyes and stop reading those awful social dangerous blogs i denunce from the industry  inside those do not belong to ( or ever will). If you don´t like the truth, at least got a bit of humildtly to reckon it.

 

Last thing by those " tailors" as Langa, to now one of my clients, he commisioned a hand made bespoke shirt, got a machine made awful fitted one. 

 

Who is fooling their readers now and who shows no respect at all?  

 

I am sorry but you have seen selfhumillated. Since my first ever post, i help people to do not get fooled by this bloggers who got no idea about tailoring and just fool people  as sorry to say, seems your case.

 

Just open your eyes, and avoid reading those awful blogs written by total ignorants, fashion victims and so on,  as is his book plenty of historical issues and technical nonsense, as on the Stroller garment is, or where per example he says the other nonsense thing ( among others) of saying a blue suit is unrecommended for blondes.

 

I am blond and almost all my suits are blue.

 

My two cents. 

 

Now, rate this ugly monstruosity commisioned by him to Villalta( i pass to comment on the Ronald McDonald unapropiate socks)and compare to a real shoe from Naples or Bologne, who as i said, do not cost 2000euros as this aberration( who also seems a 20e Spanish mall rtw shoe) but on some cases, 3 times less, who do you say got no idea about? If i email this to  per example, my friend Silvano Lattanzi, the laughs are going to sound even on Mars.

 

 

1.-I do not know personally who is the Aristocrata you are mentioning all the time .  But it seems you have a big problem with him. Talk to him then.

2.-This is a thread about shoes and I have no idea about tayloring (cause I am not interested in).  I am very glad you are a master/expert in that field and you must be very happy that everyones in the world knows that.

3.- A real master/proffessional  in any proffession respects the others companions .  I wonder what kind of proffesional you are.  

 

Vilalta deserves respect just like any other master and I am pretty sure your close friend Silvano Lattanzi  would love to meet him and talk about shoes with him and share techniques.

 

I believe you need to learn more about humility and respect to others.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › spanish shoe brands