or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The best place to meet women is...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The best place to meet women is... - Page 2

post #16 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash1080 View Post
Some men are looking for a relationship...or are you planning on being a bachelor til you die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
+1

I've never been into the bar scene.

If you are looking for a relationship, try e-harmony. Why waste your time at BB&B?
post #17 of 133
Heh, I'll probably stand out a bit here as someone who prefers not to have sex outside of a relationship, and certainly not with someone I don't actually know.

Anyway, university student, and in the ruling body of my student organization. If you aren't going to a uni or college, go back.
post #18 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
If you are looking for a relationship, try e-harmony. Why waste your time at BB&B?

so you can be the creepy guy asking question about hand towels, that can be a goal in itself.
post #19 of 133
Bars are the best choice by far. The only place I could see even remotely comparing would be a sporting event like a baseball or hockey game.
post #20 of 133
Bars are the best place to meet women for sex. Everyday life is a great place to meet women you'll flirt with for awhile, maybe get a number from, and then never really do anything with. Either you'll never call her, or you'll call her and it'll be awkward for both of you. If you're looking for a girlfriend or something, best place to meet women is through shared activities. Clubs, work, or whatever. You cut down on the artifice and awkwardness of having to compress romantic interest into a single event (random meeting or random bar encounter), and you give the relationship time to grow out of mutual attraction and flirtatious friendship. I've converted a few random hookups at bars into LTRs, but the "LT" has never really been that long-term in these cases. The longest-lasting relationships I've had have been with classmates or co-workers; they've started off as sexually charged friendships (lots of flirting, hanging out together, etc.), leading to an inevitable hookup the first or second time we hit a bar together.
post #21 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by westinghouse View Post
Case in point: I saw a cute girl near the towels. I picked up a towel and asked "is this a wash cloth or hand towel, what is the difference?" and "is it necessary to use a washcloth?" Also, "would you date a guy who hangs a wash cloth on a hand towel rack?"
I work in the domestics section of a mid-tier dept store and guys hit on my hot coworker with the exact same stuff. Hate to break it to you, but that girl (like my coworker) probably thinks you're a fucking moron/live with your mom if you ask the difference between a hand towel and a wash cloth. If you want to flirt with girls in department stores, wait for them after they deal with an obnoxious customer and make up a story about your old retail job, even if you never worked retail. EDIT: AB reminded me this- this won't work if you just randomly approach them. If you want to chat, do it at the cash register or some time you're not being distracted.
post #22 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayc View Post
If you want to hit on girls in department stores, wait for them after they deal with an obnoxious customer and make up a story about your old retail job, even if you never worked retail.
Or, better yet, don't hit on them. Women in service and retail professions get hit on constantly by obnoxious dudes all day. It's not fun for them, and they're likely to be highly guarded and annoyed if you even try. Best way to "hit on" a department store worker is to be flirtatious and friendly if she happens to approach you to offer help or something.
post #23 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by westinghouse View Post
Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I went there last night and got 3 phone numbers in ~10 minutes.

Secret? All I do is approach the target, pick up some obscure item, and ask them for their expert advice on the best way to use it.

Case in point: I saw a cute girl near the towels. I picked up a towel and asked "is this a wash cloth or hand towel, what is the difference?" and "is it necessary to use a washcloth?" Also, "would you date a guy who hangs a wash cloth on a hand towel rack?"

Try it, it works.

lol, I'm really going to try this. Will report back.
post #24 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
Bars are the best place to meet women for sex. Everyday life is a great place to meet women you'll flirt with for awhile, maybe get a number from, and then never really do anything with. Either you'll never call her, or you'll call her and it'll be awkward for both of you.

If you're looking for a girlfriend or something, best place to meet women is through shared activities. Clubs, work, or whatever. You cut down on the artifice and awkwardness of having to compress romantic interest into a single event (random meeting or random bar encounter), and you give the relationship time to grow out of mutual attraction and flirtatious friendship.

I've converted a few random hookups at bars into LTRs, but the "LT" has never really been that long-term in these cases. The longest-lasting relationships I've had have been with classmates or co-workers; they've started off as sexually charged friendships (lots of flirting, hanging out together, etc.), leading to an inevitable hookup the first or second time we hit a bar together.

ding ding ding
post #25 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyGuy1 View Post
Bars are the best choice by far. The only place I could see even remotely comparing would be a sporting event like a baseball or hockey game.

...or volunteer work. Women have a thing for guys who do volunteer work.
post #26 of 133
helps to be funny, you'll have them in stitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish5178 View Post
We figured an abortion clinic was a great place to pick up loose women!
post #27 of 133
"do you think these towels would be a good means of wiping my semen from the small of your back and my fingerprints from your apartment?"
post #28 of 133
Put me down on the MetroStyles and ArrogantBastard side of the equation. I have never had "success" "meeting" women anywhere but bars and the work/class sitch.....well, marginal success at concerts.
post #29 of 133
Well, my ENTIRE FUCKING SOCIAL life is bars and even there I don't meet available women on any sort of consistent basis. Who knows, maybe it's different for guys in metropolitan areas. When I go out, I don't see apparently single women in any significant numbers. I'm not even sure how prevalant bar hook-ups are around here. I've gone to bars several times a week for years and have only seem a person leave with someone I know they didn't arrive with on maybe three or four occasions.

I'm sick of being lonely. I've been sick of being lonely for years, but nothing changes. It's the same thing year in and year out. Ugh. I'm going to have to give internet dating another go.
post #30 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt22616 View Post
Put me down on the MetroStyles and ArrogantBastard side of the equation. I have never had "success" "meeting" women anywhere but bars and the work/class sitch.....well, marginal success at concerts.
+1 here too This chick Im running around with now preferred meeting people at church or something dumb like that and was REALLY hung up on the fact that we met at a bar, she thought that was just for sluts. She put up a thick bitch shield, but like a playa does I broke that thing down with the force of a thousand trojan warriors. oh and tagut - it is like that in big cities. I see hookups, one night stands, etc.. all the time. No exaggeration. If you're in a younger demographic area it will happen. Hope you get lucky though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › The best place to meet women is...