or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fountain Pen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fountain Pen - Page 6

post #76 of 99
http://www.fahrneyspens.com

tons of pens to drool over....I like the Lamy pens. I have a Mont Blanc which is quite nice. For every day use w/o fear of misplacement---the Lamy's are the way to go. You can find them on ebay for $15 brand new. I usually order 5 or 6 since the shipping is the same as if you purchase just one.
post #77 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyoswaldo View Post
http://www.fahrneyspens.com tons of pens to drool over....I like the Lamy pens. I have a Mont Blanc which is quite nice. For every day use w/o fear of misplacement---the Lamy's are the way to go. You can find them on ebay for $15 brand new. I usually order 5 or 6 since the shipping is the same as if you purchase just one.
I enjoy my Lamy Safari as well, however I dont find it very visually appealing in any colors, especially not comared to the Pelikans. On the flipside I love the look of my Lamy Studios.
post #78 of 99
how are dunhill fountain pens regarded?
post #79 of 99
I enjoy the Pilot "Varsity". It is disposable.


http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCYQ8gIwAA#





-Happy Holidays.
post #80 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post
Has no one ever had their fountain pen leak? I am terrified at even the thought of using one.
I have the Mont Blanc 149, also known as the diplomat(the fattest of all) the leGrand in classic black and gold vermeil, the classic and the Mozart(the smallest of all) and they are all converters, with the exception of the Mozart which is cartridge only. I have traveled extensively over sees with them all at high altitudes and have NEVER had an issue with leaking or soiling suits or sport coats. If you know what you are doing do not be afraid of a quality fountain pen. I love them and have for years, and they solicit more comments (always positive) than just about anything else that I wear,drive or own!
post #81 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
how are dunhill fountain pens regarded?
They are very good, but giving the choice, I would elect for the S.T. Dupont or Cartier... Still, for me, nothing exceeds Mont Blanc for some one of middle class means.
post #82 of 99
This topic gives me a chubby--{-^<
post #83 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69clyde View Post
I have the Mont Blanc 149, also known as the diplomat(the fattest of all) the leGrand in classic black and gold vermeil, the classic and the Mozart(the smallest of all) and they are all converters, with the exception of the Mozart which is cartridge only. I have traveled extensively over sees with them all at high altitudes and have NEVER had an issue with leaking or soiling suits or sport coats. If you know what you are doing do not be afraid of a quality fountain pen. I love them and have for years, and they solicit more comments (always positive) than just about anything else that I wear,drive or own!

The 149 is a massive pen. I have the rose gold limited edt. 125th anniversary (undipped) and it feels like a solid, solid pen due to its size. The platinum versions must be really heavy.
post #84 of 99
As it happens, I just got my first fountain pen in decades today, a vanishing point. Loving it so far.
post #85 of 99
I love my Mont Blanc Kafka. It is round on one end, square on the other to symbolize Metamorphosis.
post #86 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
The 149 is a massive pen. I have the rose gold limited edt. 125th anniversary (undipped) and it feels like a solid, solid pen due to its size. The platinum versions must be really heavy.
It is indeed...it's sometimes awkward to write with and can get slippery in a Texas summer but the massive 18k platinum and gold nib looks like a shiney flying squirrel in flight...the nib is bb (double broad) so the ink width that it leaves is, well, like a magic marker. I wouldn't write a novel with it, but whip that pig out to sign your signature and you've got somebody's attention, especially if the document is a contract and you can see the look on their face like, "oh shit, I've been had"
post #87 of 99
I got an Aurora 88 with chrome top not so long ago. It's a really awesome pen, I enjoy writing with it.
post #88 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69clyde View Post
They are very good, but giving the choice, I would elect for the S.T. Dupont or Cartier... Still, for me, nothing exceeds Mont Blanc for some one of middle class means.

How would you rate the S.T. Dupont Fidelio fountain pen (with M nib) then?

Thanks in advance.
post #89 of 99
I don't like the fact that Dupont pens are cartridge-converter.
post #90 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetshaver View Post
How would you rate the S.T. Dupont Fidelio fountain pen (with M nib) then?

Thanks in advance.
Very good pen, although I don't own any snap enclosure fountain pens as I prefer screw enclosure. The nib is 14k gold whereas the Mont Blanc is gold/platinum with the screw enclosure. My experience is...construction is important (obviously) but the most important is the channeling of the nib..I.e. How the ink arrives from the bladder (whether cartridge or otherwise) to the tip of the nib and the ink quality. The better the ink the better the flow. I have used dozens of ink types from dozens of different makers...I say this with the utmost conviction...there are many great pen manufactures, many, but Mont Blanc ink is second to no one. So, depending on how often you are going to use your instrumente d' script (I have pens I never use nor will ever use) and your price point, S.T. Dupont, Pelikan, Cartier, Parker, Mont Blanc or even Cross...write on brother, write on!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fountain Pen