• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty slick, I much prefer this design to the previous 3G/3GS design. High res screen looks great.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. http://www.apple.com/iphone/ Key new features: 960x640 high res display Video Calling HD Video Recording/Editing MultiTasking

dave

Reaction score
I can't wait for it. literally. Ever since a week ago Friday when i sent my gen 1 iPhone crashing to the stone floor in my bathroom, things just haven't been the same. I really was on replacing mine with a 4 anyhow, now i just have to do it at the same time as all the fanboys. That I am NOT looking forward to.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lame commercial. I want to smack some of those guys. bunch of iTards if you ask me!

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I am terrified by whatever iAd is.

Sounds like it's just Apple's own branch of in-phone app advertising banners and such.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obligatory:
iproduct-feel-special.jpg

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like my iPhone 3GS. I don't feel like reading/watching promo BS though. Can someone summarize what the improvements of the 4 are? I don't care about design, just functionality. I am jailbroken already so things like half-assed multitasking are not an upgrade.

I can so far name:

1) Front-side camera

...?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I like my iPhone 3GS. I don't feel like reading/watching promo BS though. Can someone summarize what the improvements of the 4 are? I don't care about design, just functionality. I am jailbroken already so things like half-assed multitasking are not an upgrade.

I can so far name:

1) Front-side camera

...?

Video calls and higher rez screen.

Other than that, most of the other stuff will still be doable when you upgrade to the new OS if you have a 3GS. As for the screen, frankly, I've never really found the iphone screen wanting. Even if you do go for higher rez, you're constrained by physical size so I don't think it makes too much difference. Def not worth the upgrade if you have a 3gs imo.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can so far name:

1) Front-side camera

...?

For me it would simply be a faster processor and the higher res screen. The 4th Gen does have a faster CPU than the 3GS right? I am not sure, I have an HTC Hero.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
For me it would simply be a faster processor and the higher res screen. The 4th Gen does have a faster CPU than the 3GS right? I am not sure, I have an HTC Hero.

Faster processor would be cool, but actually the 3GS doesn't really lag. The main issue is load time on the Edge and 3G networks at times...though it is generally very speedy.

Like GQGeek said, I have doubts about a hi-res screen adding that much to such a small display.

Meh, I've learned to disregard everything Apple does and just depend on the 3rd party developers to come out with cool stuff. There may be other possibilities for the 4 that won't be fully realized until the 3rd party app scene gets going for it.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Revolutionary!

Which is why my HTC TyTN II from 2007 also had a front facing camera for video calls.
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Faster processor would be cool, but actually the 3GS doesn't really lag. The main issue is load time on the Edge and 3G networks at times...though it is generally very speedy.

Like GQGeek said, I have doubts about a hi-res screen adding that much to such a small display.

Meh, I've learned to disregard everything Apple does and just depend on the 3rd party developers to come out with cool stuff. There may be other possibilities for the 4 that won't be fully realized until the 3rd party app scene gets going for it.

Yeah, I've never noticed any lag on the 3GS either. It's fast enough.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Yeah, I've never noticed any lag on the 3GS either. It's fast enough.

you will with the new OS. I've had my iPhone since they came out more or less, and with every major OS update it bogs down more and more. So much so that now it's not even going to be supported as a platform for the new OS. more tasks mean more power needed.

personally, i just think the new one is pretty neat looking. I never warmed up to the plastic bubble on the 3G and 3GS models so I stuck with my aluminum jobber. This one looks kinda sexy so they got me. well, that and the fact that mine is neither computer nor phone ATM.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
you will with the new OS. I've had my iPhone since they came out more or less, and with every major OS update it bogs down more and more. So much so that now it's not even going to be supported as a platform for the new OS. more tasks mean more power needed.

personally, i just think the new one is pretty neat looking. I never warmed up to the plastic bubble on the 3G and 3GS models so I stuck with my aluminum jobber. This one looks kinda sexy so they got me. well, that and the fact that mine is neither computer nor phone ATM.

We'll see on the speed issue. Anyway, there's no way i'm upgrading. I'll wait for comments on the new OS and if it's laggy i'll stick to the old one. A blackberry will be my primary phone as of tomorrow anyway...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads