or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Big Pony on Ebay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Pony on Ebay

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Has anyone purchased the big pony Polo on Ebay? Having a hard time deciphering what is real and what is fake. I am staying away from International sellers, but noticed some U.S. sellers.
post #2 of 28
I have looked for them on Ebay as well and decided to stay away. SOme of the prices are too good and there are too many on there to think I would get a real one. Some look phone just from the pic and while some do look legit, I have decided not to take any chances.
post #3 of 28
I wouldn't touch them. I come from the Philippines, which manufactures Ralph Lauren polos. Big Ponys are faked and sold on every street corner. Some are outright fakes; some have the Polo Sport logo inside, for example. Others look very much like the real thing, from the texture on the logo (or the multicolored logo pony) to the feel of the fabric.
post #4 of 28
i'm also looking for big pony polo's and slim fitting white V-neck T's but im from europe. any ideas on how to get real ones for me?? thanks
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwith
Has anyone purchased the big pony Polo on Ebay? Having a hard time deciphering what is real and what is fake. I am staying away from International sellers, but noticed some U.S. sellers.

I wouldn't buy them in the first place, real or not. The big pony is very gauche.
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I wouldn't buy them in the first place, real or not. The big pony is very gauche.

I have to agree with NoVa....
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara
I have to agree with NoVa....

Thirded... I'm not sure whats up with polo manufacturers and the new trend of big logos. I saw some express polos with HUGE FUCKING LIONS on them (literally 4" or bigger) I dunno why they even came up with that logo, they'll probably change it in a year or so anyways. That store is so schizophernic...
post #8 of 28
Agreed, extremely tacky. It is like saying " I WEAR POLO, SEE, LOOK AT MY ENORMOUS PONY LOGO!!!"....ugh
post #9 of 28
I mean, cmon!
post #10 of 28
As you can see in the picture, the big Polo is a novelty from RL especially designed for the US Open. RL is a major sponsor, I believe.
post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I mean, cmon!

That is f***ing ridiculous. Besides the fact that it makes this guy look like he's having some sort of athletic identity crisis. ("Tennis? Polo? Tennis? Polo? -- oh won't someone please tell me which is more tradly?")
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I mean, cmon!

Hey, at least the dude is matching and his collar isn't popped.
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Hey, at least the dude is matching and his collar isn't popped.

Looks like he's ready to dive, with his 200m water resistant watch as well.
post #14 of 28
I never understood why people even care if something as ostentatiously logoed as this is authentic or not. If the only distinctive feature it has to offer is that logo, does it matter if it really came from the actual Polo factory or not?
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gza
I never understood why people even care if something as ostentatiously logoed as this is authentic or not. If the only distinctive feature it has to offer is that logo, does it matter if it really came from the actual Polo factory or not?

Fakes tend to fit like a blanket. And does anyone ever really want a fake anything if they can help it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Big Pony on Ebay