or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** - Page 7

post #91 of 3095
Nice write up, K.

Ah, walleye. Now there's a fish I really miss. Still can't get better walleye than just caught, done "shore lunch" fashion on the beach of an unihabited island in the middle of a northern Ontario lake.

Can certainly see where that menu would be too intellectual or technical for real enjoyment. Still, pricing was good and the more tasting experience you get the better.
post #92 of 3095
I used to love the walleye fish and chips at the Goose Island brew pub up off North Ave.
post #93 of 3095
I'll happily jump on this train: walleye.

I'm going to make it my dinner tonight. Lightly dredged in flour and pan fried. Shore style.
post #94 of 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
I'll happily jump on this train: walleye.

I'm going to make it my dinner tonight. Lightly dredged in flour and pan fried. Shore style.

Yum.
post #95 of 3095
Noodle soup with pork dumplings from Japanese supermarket near by. Smells like real meat and beef broth is delicious. Better than most restaurants in NYC.
post #96 of 3095
Eataly opens in September
post #97 of 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Nice write up, K.

Ah, walleye. Now there's a fish I really miss. Still can't get better walleye than just caught, done "shore lunch" fashion on the beach of an unihabited island in the middle of a northern Ontario lake.

Can certainly see where that menu would be too intellectual or technical for real enjoyment. Still, pricing was good and the more tasting experience you get the better.
I really love eating meals like last night because it is inspiring to me in a way, and I truly do enjoy that kind of food, honestly it's the kind I want to be doing (although more approachable than that). But even if I had the money, it isn't the kind of place I'd go all the time.
However, blackbird also has a la carte, and their regular dinner menu looked like it had some REAL treats. Lish would have rather ordered off that, and I probably should have as well, but I'm a sucker for letting a chef take me for a ride whenever I get the chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post
I used to love the walleye fish and chips at the Goose Island brew pub up off North Ave.

I like GIBP. People be hatin on it lately. I don't get it. The food is nothing special but it's all pretty well done.
post #98 of 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
However, blackbird also has a la carte, and their regular dinner menu looked like it had some REAL treats. Lish would have rather ordered off that, and I probably should have as well, but I'm a sucker for letting a chef take me for a ride whenever I get the chance.
I find it's easier to get "special" plates at the bar if frequented enough.
post #99 of 3095
Fresh leek blossoms and radish flowers from my parents garden.

post #100 of 3095
slightly over-ripe raw milk chevre on walnut bread.
post #101 of 3095
Perfectly made pastries from the House of Fine Chocolate on Broadway in Chicago.
post #102 of 3095
veal
post #103 of 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
veal

Veal stock.
post #104 of 3095
Dolphin
post #105 of 3095
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Dolphin

Dolphin stock.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******