or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** - Page 14

post #196 of 3088
Cross posted. 5.5 hour braised pork bellies.

post #197 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Cross posted. 5.5 hour braised pork bellies.


How'd it turn out in the end?
post #198 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
How'd it turn out in the end?

Was incredibly good. I'm going to double the amount of glaze I make next time. The skin was incredible.
post #199 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Was incredibly good. I'm going to double the amount of glaze I make next time. The skin was incredible.

Damn Pio- looks delicious. Can you share the prep and cokking instructions? PM would be fine.
post #200 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
Damn Pio- looks delicious. Can you share the prep and cokking instructions? PM would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/di...frex.html?_r=1

Edina gave me the link in another threak. The skin was incredible and the majority of fat is rendered out. Very nice.

Edina brought it to my attention.
post #201 of 3088
Grazie mille.
post #202 of 3088
I wish I had had one belly skin side up for the photo. The crispy skin, with grill marks and shiny glaze, was quite a sight

One pro tip: Either put some nonstick spray on your grill or put them in a grill basket. They are so tender after 5.5 hours of braising they want to pull apart when you flip them on the grill. I used Pam for bbq but it still took a little work with both tongs and spatula to get them flipped in one piece.
post #203 of 3088
my haul from these weekend's farmer's market:

purple potatoes
purple basil
corn
yellow and red heirloom tomatoes
arugula still on the stalk
garlic "snips" or "snaps", not sure what it's called.
cucumbers thick and hard enough to make any woman divorce their husband.
chops and "chorizo" sausage (No Pio) from a local pig farmer
sugar plums
yellow and red onions


Made the pork chops for dinner. Salt/pepper/juniper. Sauteed with onions and green/red peppers and the garlic snips (basically garlic "scallions", gives like a tertiary garlic taste, you feel it, but it does not overpower nor stay on your breath). Ate with corn boiled for about 2-3 minutes, salad of arugula, purple basil, tomatoes, sweet onions and cukes.
post #204 of 3088


- B
post #205 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post


- B
I have these. Love them.
post #206 of 3088
Dinner at Per Se was awesome. Want to go back asap.
post #207 of 3088
^^ These are the "black" pans I have heard about?

Nice, Stazy. Details.

For me, whole house smells of duck leg confit. About to pop 01 ME magnum.
post #208 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
^^ These are the "black" pans I have heard about?

Nice, Stazy. Details.

For me, whole house smells of duck leg confit. About to pop 01 ME magnum.

I went last week with my brother and sister. I don't think they get too many parties where everyone is under 25 but they still treated us very well. I wish there was a way to find the menu for the day we went because I can't remember all the courses we had. Everything was excellent though...Almost to the extent that the prices seemed reasonable. For anyone looking to snag last minute reservations I'd definitely recommend looking on open table. I was able to get a table only days before we arrived in NYC.
post #209 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
I went last week with my brother and sister. I don't think they get too many parties where everyone is under 25 but they still treated us very well. I wish there was a way to find the menu for the day we went because I can't remember all the courses we had. Everything was excellent though...Almost to the extent that the prices seemed reasonable. For anyone looking to snag last minute reservations I'd definitely recommend looking on open table. I was able to get a table only days before we arrived in NYC.

It's NYC... they're used to literally all ages.
post #210 of 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
It's NYC... they're used to literally all ages.
Possibly. Everyone was old balls when we were there so I just made the assumption. Unfortunately I don't have a large enough sample size to make any conclusive statements.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******