or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › christian dating websites
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

christian dating websites - Page 7

post #91 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill
...because there's a screener at the sanctuary door who does a background check on everyone who tries to enter?

I don't disagree that a church is a reasonable place to meet fellow-believers, just like a bar is a reasonable place to meet fellow-drinkers, or a ball-game is a reasonable place to meet fellow-sportsfans. But there's no reason why you should ONLY be able to find fellow-drinkers at a bar. What if you go to the wrong bar? Wrong ball-game? Sit in the wrong section? Go to the wrong church?

Thats why you go to ALL the churches until you find the one with the hottest chicks... duh!

It just seemed like the thought of meeting Christian girls online was the only thought brought forth for public discussion. I was merely bringing up the notion that perhaps there were better places (target rich environments, as it were) that would afford you a better chance of actually getting to KNOW people as they were in real life.

Quirk:
The notion that you are as likely to be decieved about what someone looks and acts like IRL as on a dating site is absurd. So your post that everything I said about online dating goes for meeting people "anywhere else" is incorrect in my opinion. You are much less likely to be decieved about certain things in person.
post #92 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Thats why you go to ALL the churches until you find the one with the hottest chicks... duh!

It just seemed like the thought of meeting Christian girls online was the only thought brought forth for public discussion. I was merely bringing up the notion that perhaps there were better places (target rich environments, as it were) that would afford you a better chance of actually getting to KNOW people as they were in real life.

Quirk:
The notion that you are as likely to be decieved about what someone looks and acts like IRL as on a dating site is absurd. So your post that everything I said about online dating goes for meeting people "anywhere else" is incorrect in my opinion. You are much less likely to be decieved about certain things in person.

Fair enough -- you obviously can't be deceived about looks/appearance.
post #93 of 106
man, people are touchy about religion for some reason. like it's "sacred" or something.



look, just go out to the most average place, with a large sampling of humanity, and find yourself a nice lady friend. statistically speaking you have, what, a 80-90% chance of winding up with a christian, if you're in the US.

you can sweeten up the statistics if you go to parts of the country that have known higher concentrations of said religious adherents. heck, (notice how i cleaned up my language there?) go to salt lake city, where you can't swing a cat without hitting a mormon. they're practically the same as mainstream christians anyway. (plus you might get lucky and find one who believes in polygamy.)
post #94 of 106
Can I play too???

Obviously I was on the same sites Jill was on. Going from something as silly as actual experience rather than something logical like speculation I'd say most of the girls on the Christian site were pretty normal. For that matter, the ones I met on the 'free for all' site were generally pretty normal as well. I probably went out with 20 or so different girls and met maybe 3 oddballs but that's cool too... nothing like a psycho chick to provide interesting anecdotes for years to come. (Sidenote: Bipolar disorder, badge, gun and PMS are a bad cocktail... just trust me on that)

There is a good screening process. You have a long profile to read and then (for me) a few weeks of email and phone before you meet. At the time I had an infant daughter and a 9-5 job. I did not have a lot of time to go out and meet chicks. ....but after doing the last diaper change of the evening I had time to kill and a computer and it was fun. The other thing was I was not looking for a stepmom for the munchkin - I was actually pretty point blank in my profile that I had a little one, did not need a damned bit of help thank you very much and the kid came first. That scared off a fair number of girls I'm sure.

Funny part with Jill - loved her mind but her picture online was not good. Figured she'd wind up a buddy to see movies with until she opened the door. Then, in ultra suave cool guy fashion I fell off her front porch and more or less have been kissing her ass for 8 years since because I'm basically whipped and I adore her.

So... yeah, it is a better screening process than shouting questions in each other's ears in a bar. I'd say Jill and I logged 60 emails and 10 hours of phone time before we met. The only tricky part was meeting parents - hadn't done that in a loooooong time and I was one of those divorced people they don't have in OK.... fortunately her folks didn't notice me for 3-4 years and thought of me as the guy who delivered their granddaughter on a regular basis rather than as the scumball who was courting their princess.

Jill's pretty normal if you like that whole smart, cute, Christian sorta chick with a 200 IQ. The thing for us that was nice is that we knew we had the same interests, beliefs, values, sense of humor etcetera. We spend 24/7 together now, travel together, work together... I'd say we argue about 30 minutes per year.

Count me as a big advocate of sorting through 10,000 profiles for 10 girls who are a good match on the surface to find one good one. Oddly enough, the 'runner up' or the girl who dodged the bullet was a friend of Jill's... from church no less. Blonde lost, brunette won... same old story.
post #95 of 106
Oh yeah... slim? Weren't you the dude who personally knows like ...3? mass murderers from the places you hang out scoping for unsuspecting chicks? LOL
post #96 of 106
Why don't you just go to church and search there?
post #97 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrat
Why don't you just go to church and search there?
Did you even read this thread? That's what the last two pages just discussed
post #98 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo
Jill's pretty normal if you like that whole smart, cute, Christian sorta chick with a 200 IQ.
Lucky for you Chuck, I don't really like dating women whos IQ is that much lower than mine... Plus the Christian thing doesn't really fly around here, I mean, this is Seattle!
Quote:
Oh yeah... slim? Weren't you the dude who personally knows like ...3? mass murderers from the places you hang out scoping for unsuspecting chicks? LOL
I don't hang out "scoping for unsuspecting" chicks, Thats a total frat boy move Chuck. All the women I know are generally either married, aloof, paranoid, slutty, 50 years old, or an unappealing combination of the aforementioned. I'm looking for a blind, generous, supermodel who cooks. Anyone know where I can find one of those?
post #99 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
All the women I know are generally either married, aloof, paranoid, slutty, 50 years old, or an unappealing combination of the aforementioned.
Ummmmm, is there something inherently wrong with slutty 50-year-old women? Cause, like, that's sort of the neighborhood I'm in right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I'm looking for a blind, generous, supermodel who cooks. Anyone know where I can find one of those?
Interestingly, I described my new "ideal" woman last evening in almost these exact words, Slim. I added mute, as an afterthought. Sadly, I found neither takers, nor truly qualified candidates.
post #100 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Ummmmm, is there something inherently wrong with slutty 50-year-old women? Cause, like, that's sort of the neighborhood I'm in right now.

Nothing especially "wrong" per se, its just not my thing right now.
post #101 of 106
Wow, I ignored this thread for a while, look at how it has grown. Urk.
post #102 of 106
yeah, it's going all sorts of fun places. sortof like a proctology exam.
post #103 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
yeah, it's going all sorts of fun places. sortof like a proctology exam.

Holy... ROTFL
post #104 of 106
Quote:
Interestingly, I described my new "ideal" woman last evening in almost these exact words, Slim. I added mute, as an afterthought. Sadly, I found neither takers, nor truly qualified candidates.

Sounds like someone's channeling Cheech and Chong...
post #105 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Finding a virgin in Tokyo could prove a challenge . . .
. . . unless you're not particular about looks or age.

Are Tokyo girls sluts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › christian dating websites