• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nn.jpg
I'd like a dedicated thread for Takahiro Miyashita, in wake of the exciting news that he's starting a new label called "The Soloist, Ltd." I have a lot of respect for Miyashita due to successfully transferring from streetwear to high fashion. So many brands have failed here. I'd honestly take Myashita's world of rock'n'roll romance over Slimane's. I rate him up there with any Japanese contemporary designer like Horikawa of Julius or Junya Watanabe. Just below the trinity of Miyake, Yamamoto and Kawakubo. Plus he is personally stylish as ****.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't this old news?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This isn't a news thread, just a dedicated threat for all things Miyashita since we didn't have one. Feel free to go to the J. Crew thread if it's not your speed. Looks from the (unfairly IMHO) maligned "My Own Private Portland" Collection
6jcjk78.jpg
85aa137.jpg
87lzc7k.jpg

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Interesting, I don't remember seeing these looks. Paging Uncontrol...

He's shown a ton of range from the Americana collection I posted above to his most recent decadent/ romantic collection (the best as far as I'm concerned). S/S09 is the only truly bad one, and at least it's bad in an interesting way. You can also see it as the groundwork for his incredible final collection under the N(N) aegis.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's also been doing some collaborative work with several companies.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa first time I've ever liked a cowboy hat in a fit. I like a lot of the N(n) stuff even though I've never held or owned any
frown.gif
. Hopefully now that Im workin I can pick up some Soloist stuff. What did he design before N(n)

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
yeah he originally started at Nepenthes. miyashita is the man. he also did some work with kazuki kuraishi recently for a Levi collection called Lefty Jean.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some solid looks there, seems very promising.

volatile

Reaction score
I hate to resurrect a zombie thread but do any of you cognoscenti know anywhere online that will be stocking Takahiro Miyashita's new eyewear collaboration with Oliver Peoples?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even though I love the Soloist collection, I don't like the new direction hes gone cuz it doesn't fit as well with my current aesthetic as much as SS08/SS07 would. I'm still dying to get pieces from those collections, but I'm not good at distinguishing real/fake **** for NN yet...

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes we can; **** camo chinos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads