or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist - Page 4

post #46 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

have you checked it out at IF when you were in NYC? The stuff has crazy details on it.
Did a lot of people carry Number(N)ine?

yah man, im actually gonna check their shit out soon actually. They stock stuff no one else does, Harnden, Soloist, In Aische, Attachment, etc. In Aische was just picked up by Atelier, but generally IF is great for some obscure japanese stuff. Sizing sucks there cuz they cater it to their wealthy clientele who are usually bigger people. No ramen eaters sizes frown.gif
post #47 of 155
it's a joke
post #48 of 155
my homie just went to the one in dubai to check out some yohji shirts
post #49 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

it's a joke

so was my comment biggrin.gif. Also, im not disqualifying the level of detail in the collection. I have handled this shizz before. Its probably one of the better stuff out there, designer wise. I'm just saying the direction he took with this is different from what I expected. I wanted a more wandering traveler/outdoorsy/in touch with nature look. Vagabond level shizz, maybe it was the name and the earlier collection photos which showed peeps crossing lakes and sitting by campfires alone that threw me off, lol.


TakahiromiyashitaTheSoloistSpringSummer2011.jpg

id wear all of that
post #50 of 155
I think that vibe is still there, though it's admittedly more of an urban nomad than a forest wanderer.
post #51 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

I think that vibe is still there, though it's admittedly more of an urban nomad than a forest wanderer.

yeah it's kind of funny you say that because I have these hypothetical thoughts about like "if you could only wear one designer exclusively, who would it be" (do we have a thread for that? I'm sure we all dwell on it...) and I split mine up in 2.

Like, one designer for the "country" and another for the city. And since its debut season The Soloist has always been my mental choice for the city, and it never once occurred to me that it's what I might want to wear in a rural or woodsy environment.

For that I usually tend to go with something like RRL, actually. just straightforward stuff that wouldn't get in my way.
post #52 of 155
Honestly you shouldn't want to wear designer in a rural environment lol
post #53 of 155
Ask LAGuy about that...
post #54 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

Honestly you shouldn't want to wear designer in a rural environment lol

why eh.gif
post #55 of 155
Because it's impractical? Who cares what you look like when you're alone in the woods?
post #56 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

Because it's impractical? Who cares what you look like when you're alone in the woods?

So much for dressing for yourself.... frown.gif

I agreed with your first post, and I default to RRL because that's what I wear for yardwork and shit like that since I bought a bunch of it years ago at a Polo outlet for outrageous discount (jeans <$20 a pair, etc). I'll stick with that for sure.

now it just sounds like you only dress the way you do for attention which is a total bummer
post #57 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

Because it's impractical? Who cares what you look like when you're alone in the woods?

how is it different than if you are, say, alone in your office. of course there's the time in transit when you may encounter people, but then it seems you are dressing for the sake of others and not your own appreciation for the garments.

and why is rural environment necessarily = alone in woods ?
post #58 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post

Because it's impractical? Who cares what you look like when you're alone in the woods?

I always want to be wrapped in the finest of fabrics.
post #59 of 155
everyone dresses for others. Not to the point of just desperately seeking attention, but I think its disingenuous to say you are dressing solely for yourself.
post #60 of 155
Even when we're alone we imagine ourselves as others might see us.

/deepthought
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist